Heritage New Hampshires

Catdaddy- check out the history page on the Delaware club site - it was pretty well researched and will add some good info to what you have.

Kathy, you KNOW how interested I am in this project!

Quote:
thanks for the info I went over to the Delaware site and read the history got some good info there I really appreciate the direction there Beth.

catdaddy

I love New Hampshires! I tend to drift back and forth between different breeds of chickens. It seems that you got to try every breed available, but I always come back to this breed.

pics for your viewing pleasure
newhampshire-web-1.jpg
newhampshire-web-2.jpg

Just to update .... my girls are now laying!
clap.gif
They are penned with a Barred Rock roo, for now, for the project. I will begin incubation soon. When I have enough (what is enough?) chicks hatched from this mating, I will pen the New Hampshires together.

A more recent picture of one of my New Hampshire roos and one of the girls....

31282_dscf3127.jpg

31282_dscf2864.jpg

Kathy,

The NHs are beautiful. I'm always interested in the utility end, whether a breed is Heritage or commercial. Just me. What size eggs are the girls laying and with what frequency? You may have mentioned it before, but how does their disposition stack up to the Dels or Rocks? Maybe someone else would be interested in this too.

Thanks.

My NHs are young, and have just started to lay, so I don't know the answer to the laying question. Thus far, even as new layers, they are producing nice sized eggs. Disposition is friendly and likable, however not as friendly as Delawares. In my limited experience, I have found there is no other breed as friendly as the Delaware.

Back
Top Bottom