Hey babe is that a deer?

AudieWarren

Songster
May 17, 2018
Free ranging in Ga
PicsArt_06-26-03.29.50.jpg
This morning I made my rounds. Watched the sun come up with the turkey poults and guinea keets. Let the chickens out and filled the feeders. Threw them some snacks.... Pet the goat and hand fed him some snacks. Mozy my way inside... Start coffee... Chat with the hubby while it brews. So as I'm gazing outside back at the flock I saw what I thought was a deer. So I say, "hey babe is that a deer over by turkeys?" "Looks like it to me," he said. So we get up from our chairs to look out the window and it jump at one of the chickens outside the turkey pen. Then it hit me. It was the biggest coyote and it was in my yard. Being open season /bounty on coyotes here, the Hubs grabbed the gun and shot at it. It got away, but I know it will be back. My Gobbler got got on the night of July 4th. Taking in the size of that coyote there is no doubt in my mind that it was the culprit. So here's to lots of coffee and out smarting a trickster. I still can't get over the size of it. It's sure been eating good. Picture is of my Gobbler just days before he went missing.
PicsArt_06-26-07.13.32.jpg

Between the pair of us, one of us is bound to get a good shot. It had made its way around the back of the pen by the time he had the gun so there wasn't a clear shot. I've got my eyes peeled now

When you take him out post pics I am curious on the size for you thinking it was a dear
Oh I will. If I didn't see it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have belived it. Our turkey pen has only 4 ft chicken wire wrapped around it. It was pretty close to being near the top of the pen. In ga a lot of the coyotes aren't pure blood. They have been mixed with wolves and domestic dogs. They are bigger than thier western cousins. My husband said it was the biggest coyote he's seen in his 50 yrs.

Back
Top Bottom