Hey Fat Daddy...

Might ought to change the title to "Build yur Bator 2012"....
lau.gif
Bill
Funny you said that Bill, cause I really was wondering if a thread title could be changed. Heck, since it's done turned into a how-to-build-a-cabinet-bator theme, it might be useful to others.......who knows? Just shows there's countless adds and changes that can be made to make a custom bator to suit your needs.

Just did the math...I'll be able to hatch 600 quail eggs at a go now.....which isn't to bad...collect close to 100 a day!

I'm liking the modifications for this one, it should be pretty officiant. I didn't know far to put the top shelf down from the bottom...so I guessed...went with 9 1/2" because that's the "shortest" I could make it from the top and still get my stapler to fit, lol!

Didn't get as much time to work on it tonight, but here are a couple shots:

Started with 1x2x8 oak...to lazy to get out the table router, so made my dado with a table saw for glass...

did some hand routing to get a couple profiles...roman ogee on the inside towards the glass and just a round over for the outside edge...

cut the pieces to length...

and have a frame! Just ran the 1/4" plexiglass through the table saw, still have to sand the frame before installing the glass...glued, 18g nails (pnuematic gun), and corner brackets hold the frame together.

Thanks guys! You'all's encouragement helps...hope by this weekend to be done...we'll see.

Bill, the way I see it, when you ponder plans for such as this.....and let it marinade long enough.......and it all comes together because you did your homework......and you set your first eggs after fine-tuning your machine......and start seeing pips and zips in a wooden box that costs some $500 - $600 - $700 - $800........you should be able to feel a sense of pride that a lot of Americans can't this day and time. I'm proud of my lil' wooden heat box, and am planning for another one of a different twist. Keep up the art-work, my friend...
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom