Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Zookeeper9000, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Dragonfly Ranch

Dragonfly Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    Happy Valley, CA
    Quote:Happy Birthday to you!! Sounds like it was a good one.

Sandee

2. Backyard Buddies

Backyard Buddies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    Quote:Wooo hooo! Happy birthday to you!

3. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Thanks girls! It was fun and relaxing, and today is raining so we are still being lazy. So it still kind of feels like my birthday!! [​IMG]

4. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    Rosemary chicken! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Backyard Buddies

Backyard Buddies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    Quote:Yum! That looks delicious! What other seasonings do you have on there?

6. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    kosher salt, pepper, garlic cloves, rosemary, onion, carrot, potatoes, and one cut up chicken.

I know it looks kind of gross because it had been in the oven for about 10 mins and I pulled it out to take a pic. The chicken is pick in the pic. I will retake when it's done. I can tell you it really smells good!!!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  7. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    DH and dd had fried chicken livers and potato wedges. me I didnt eat not really hungry. but I will have to eat something in a little bit so I can take my shot (insulin)

8. FarmerDenise

FarmerDenise Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    Sonoma County
    We had terriyaki beef with green beans, rice and cucumber salad. I made enough rice and beef for leftovers tomorrow. It's supposed to get even hotter, so I want the keep the cooking to a minimum.

9. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    DH has requested that we eat more vegetarian.. but no soy... so last night, I did Ethiopian. I had 3 packs of Portabellos (8oz. pkg/$.39 ea... woot!), a small head of cabbage, some potatoes and carrrots in varying colors...... made Tibs with the shrooms, sauteed/steamed the other stuff.. and served with rice since I didn't have injeera.

We'll still consume some meat about 2x a week.. smaller portions.. and even have some red meat about 2x a month. I'm just leaning toward more fish/seafood on those 2 days a week... [​IMG]

Tonight.. something with a little bit of red meat... fajitas, maybe. Gotta use it since I defrosted it before he made the request [​IMG]

Anyway.. I'm not sure where this request is coming from, other than one of his "friends" is encouraging it ..or raving about how unhealthy meat is ..or whatever [​IMG] I did make my own request: "Keep your friends out of my kitchen." [​IMG] (I do the groceries, I plan the meals and prepare them. I have the background in nutrition.)

10. prairiegirl

prairiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2008
    Mmmm, good things cooking in your kitchens.

I canned tomatoes all morning. A good day to use the crock pot.
    There is Cider Beef Stew cooking away and smelling really good.
    I need to bake something sweet. I'm thinking about a simple coffee cake that is a family favorite.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by