Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

I know, I didn't expect to say too many taters either. Weird.

but the mac and cheese came out good.

I used to be a decent enough cook, but the chemo brain has effected my ability to follow recipes. At times the family has requested I just use boxed/mixes, etc. I told The Locusts i wanted feedback on the mac and cheese cause it was a new recipe. Sugar Monkey was upset cause it wasn't the blue box....until he ate it. He's back for seconds. Managed to pull that one off, I guess.

I know, I didn't expect to say too many taters either. Weird.

but the mac and cheese came out good.

I used to be a decent enough cook, but the chemo brain has effected my ability to follow recipes. At times the family has requested I just use boxed/mixes, etc. I told The Locusts i wanted feedback on the mac and cheese cause it was a new recipe. Sugar Monkey was upset cause it wasn't the blue box....until he ate it. He's back for seconds. Managed to pull that one off, I guess.

Mac & cheese is always complicated for me. Sometimes it comes out ok & sometimes it doesn't (maybe because I don't use recipes & just wing it.) I'll be keeping my eye on you guys, because I don't have a clue what to make for dinner tonight & hopefully you'll inspire me.

We had a Taco Ring. Delicious.

Whats a taco ring? Sounds interesting!

I always say once the kiddos are gone I'm having chips and ice cream for dinner. I'm thinking popcorn could make the rotation also.

I was going to do sausage and cabbage last night. Went to the store, apparently our recent weather has effected produce delivery. They had 4 heads of the most pitiful cabbage I've ever seen. Not paying money for those. So, went with plan B. Sausages with onions and peppers (thank goodness I have dehydrated peppers on hand), roasted cauliflower and yams. I'm not much for the sausage so I had scrambled eggs.

tonight--I have a few pounds of ground beef thawing out. I think I'm going to make a batch of veggie beef soup, a tamale pie, and just cook some for tacos or nachos. The boys are home again today, and with the weekend we'll need something for lunches.

Love veggie beef soup. I don't make soup frequently enough.

Tonight I am making Rosemary/Adobo pork loin with macaroni and cheese and carrots.

I love soup too, especially in the winter.

I tend to feel kind of guilty serving soup for dinner, something in me says it's not a "real" meal and kind of cheating. But, Honey is happy with it, that's the important thing so I need to get over it.

Beef veggie soup was my Dad's go-to dinner for the occasional times when he cooked dinner. So, fond memories of it........it was either that, or scrambled egg tacos. Usually soup if it was cold, tacos if it was hot. Dad wasn't much on originality, but all us kids have fond memories of both those dishes
smile.png

I made a grilled cheese on sourdough bread for lunch - had it with lemon pickles - dang it was good !

Tonight we will have stuffed peppers, egg noodles, and sweet corn.

Last night I made chili size (like they used to at the old Bobs Big Boy restaurants) spaghetti noodles covered with chili, onions & cheese. That's one of my dinner staples when we're in a time crunch.

Back
Top Bottom