Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

You all are so good.
After three months of clean diligent eating... I had nutter butters and two heath bars.
I thought I would wake up in tears of regret, but I am okay with it.

You all are so good.
After three months of clean diligent eating... I had nutter butters and two heath bars.
I thought I would wake up in tears of regret, but I am okay with it.

LOL. You can't be good all of the time.

Last night we had lasagna, garlic bread, and salad. Not the most low cal/low fat meal, but it was good. Coffee ice cream and strawberries for dessert.

Oh meI me! I would like the Mexican red rice burritos one!

I Buy all different types of beans in bulk and then I pressure can them so that I have quick meal prep.
I bought some red beans, they were smaller than kidney bean -not pinto.. sweet-ish, do you know what I do with them?
The label said red bean.

Sorry it took so long!!

for the rice:
2 roma tomatoes (or 1/2c canned)
2Tbsp oil
1c minced onion
2 cloves garlic
1c rice
1 3/4c chicken broth
1/4c tomato sauce
1 jalapeno
2 sprigs cilantro

grate romas and discard skin
cook Onion in oil until translucent. stir in garlic cook until fragrant (1minute)
stir in rice,tomato,broth, tomato sauce. bring to a boil.
mix in jalapeno, cilantro. simmer for 10 minutes or until all liquid is gone. (do not remove lid during simmering time)

scoop rice onto your soft shell and put your favorite toppings on and you have a Mexican red rice burrito!!

Since I only have four girls, rarely do I have more than a dozen eggs at once. But for some reason I had almost two last night, so I decided I'd make a bacon and spinach quiche. Yowza, was it good. My husband ate almost half of it. Served with a salad and a sourdough baguette.

Back
Top Bottom