Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

I'm thinking about tacos. When I said we ate them a lot I wasn't kidding. I try to keep it down to once a week because DH isn't from here & he thinks its weird to eat them more than that (I could eat them everyday!)

Me too!

Often make quesadillas for lunch too. Sometimes I add chicken or other things too. It depends on what is in the fridge. Salsa of course too.

I am using a bread dome to cook a pot roast.

I already baked bread in the dome so dinner is pot roast and fresh bread.

Finally had the seafood Alfredo last night, with cheese tortellini for us carbers.

Tonight may be tacos and taco salad.Or, I've had a request for chicken broccoli casserole. It's early yet, we'll see how the day plays out.

Me too!

Often make quesadillas for lunch too. Sometimes I add chicken or other things too. It depends on what is in the fridge. Salsa of course too.

Quesadillas a big lunch hit here too. I occasionally make them for dinner.

Tonight I made lasagna, but it was more like 'lasagna stew'. I've made it a hundred times, but have never had it come out like that before. It still tasted good, I just kept asking everybody if they were sure they didn't need a spoon.

Tonight I made lasagna, but it was more like 'lasagna stew'. I've made it a hundred times, but have never had it come out like that before. It still tasted good, I just kept asking everybody if they were sure they didn't need a spoon.

This so reminded me of a place I used to work.

It was a nursing home, I worked there for 10 years or so. The employees could sign up for lunch from the kitchen same as the residents ate, and it would be deducted from the paycheck automatically. For a lot of those workers, it was the best meal they ate all day. The kitchen was actually very good, I snagged some recipes from them over the years. Anyway, the point....

their lasagna tasted wonderful, but it looked nasty. I don't know why they couldn't get it to look better. We ate it all up every time, but it got slapped with the label "Dogfood lasagna" cause that's what it looked like on the plate--a big pile of moist dog food.

Was it because of the type of noodle? Some recipes have extra liquid in them because of using no boil noodles. Using traditional noodles that you boil will make the lasagna too wet.

Tonight we're going to have spaghetti with meat sauce and no-kneed bread. I always make a double batch of sauce and put the leftovers in the frig. Then in a couple of days I'll use the leftover sauce to make lasagna.

Was it because of the type of noodle? Some recipes have extra liquid in them because of using no boil noodles. Using traditional noodles that you boil will make the lasagna too wet.

I always use the no bake noodles, because I'm too lazy to cook something twice. The only thing I did different was making one dish instead of my normal two. I must've had too much sauce. The leftovers firmed up nicely.

I did nachos last night & I'd like to bring in Chinese take out tonight (but I think that's a pipe dream.)

I always use the no bake noodles, because I'm too lazy to cook something twice. The only thing I did different was making one dish instead of my normal two. I must've had too much sauce. The leftovers firmed up nicely.

I did nachos last night & I'd like to bring in Chinese take out tonight (but I think that's a pipe dream.)
I have coconut chicken curry in the crock pot with sushi rice and naan bread.

Back
Top Bottom