Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

Oh, I think mac and cheese is the way to go with my pork chops tonight. I didn't marinade them at all, will probably just pan fry. maybe some apples and onions? Cauliflower for the veggie. It was on sale this week, we'll be eating a lot of it. Good thing the family loves it. I'm blessed, they're really so easy to cook for.
OOoh, pork and apples 'n onions......love it love it!!! Strips of onions and apples all ooey and gooey and caramelized.....tender pork, seared to perfection....yeah, I kinda like to think that's what Heaven is all about....<sigh>

Well, it may be heaven, but it didn't happen here last night
wink.png

Big boy really wanted to grill the chops, so I did a quick marinade and had him do that. They were AMAZING! He did a beautiful job cooking them, they were done but moist and tender and just lovely. We did have the mac and cheese and cauliflower.

Tonight will be tacos, I'm thinking. Taco salad for the low carber.

that does sound tastey. btw, what kind of doggey is that? beautiful!
If you are talking about my avatar, that is my PISTOL PETE and he is an English Setter. A wonderful breed, loves people, smart as a whip and very easy to train. Too much energy though, even at 9 years old, Pistol keeps up with our 2 year-old german shepherd with no problem.
By the way, we didn't name him, the previous owner named him after the University of Wyoming mascot.

Supper tonight will be tenderloin steaks, onions/mushrooms, lettuce salad and garlic toast made from egg bread.

OR taco's - depending on my energy level when I get home...

I wanted to roast a chicken for supper, but couldn't bear to deal with the throng at the grocery store - "Oh, my, we had a snow storm."

So I will make breaded , rosemary/balsamic chicken breasts, fresh beets, and mashed potatoes with gravy.

I know what you mean, everyone runs for milk and toilet paper at the first sign of a snowflake here.

We had vegetable beef soup that I made up from stuff I had in the fridge..and it came out awesomely! So proud of myself!
big_smile.png

Princess has a performance tonight so I was on my own. Her peanut butter sandwich didn't sound like a good idea so I heated up some turkey and gravy, stuffing and sweet corn.

My dinner today used up a bunch of leftovers, but I thought was interesting enough to share. I've been on a flatbread pizza kick since they're easy to make and portion.

* BBQ cheeseburger flatbread pizza *

Recipes is a little loosey goosey since I made this up on the fly. 3 servings.

- 1/2 lb ground bison (very lean and "beefy" - use lean beef if you prefer, or even turkey if you don't eat red meat)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Texas style BBQ sauce (I also mixed in 1 tsp Dijon mustard but that's optional, I like the sharpness)
- 3 whole wheat Indian naan or a similar flatbread (something like pita should work too)
- 3 slices sharp cheddar
- 3 Tbsp shredded cheddar
- a handful or two of greens, finely chopped (arugula would be great, I used spinach since that's what I had)
- 1 large tomato, sliced in thick slices
- 3 Tbsp French fried onion pieces

In a small skillet brown bison and onion in a dab of oil until meat is mostly cooked (no obvious raw bits).
Preheat oven to 375. Place naan on a baking sheet.
Top naan with BBQ Dijon sauce. Top each with 1 slice of cheddar, torn up to fit the bread better if needed. Pile on the meat and onion mix. Sprinkle with the shredded cheddar.
Bake 375 for 12 minutes.
Remove from oven, then top each with a dose of greens, sliced tomato, and a little French fried onion for crunch.

I've been thinking to make up some pizza crust dough for the freezer. We'd eat more home made pizza if the dough were already done.

Saturday I did orange chicken, supposed to be a copycat of Panda Express. no one was that impressed, and frying off all those little bits of chicken took forever. So not worth it.

Last night we started attending our small group at church. It was Mexican potluck. I took Spanish rice and tortilla chips.

Tonight will be Italian chicken, kind of like chicken parm but I guess chicken mozzarella. I think zucchini, not sure what the side will be.

Back
Top Bottom