Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

we had roast beef sandwhich and bologna sandwhich yesterday I might bake a ham today don't know its too hot to cook and im too tired

BBQ Chicken sandwiches, home grown tomato and lettuce. Homemade Potato Chips. They are soooooo addicting - we can't eat just one.
droolin.gif

Sandee

Quote:
That sounds great!

chickabator are you not feeling well today? I feel kind of yuck today too. It is "that" time and I feel achy all over
sickbyc.gif

Have any of you seen the Rocco Dispirito cookbook? DH got it for me months ago and I love it! So does he
smile.png
It has your favorites made over in a healthy way. I have made a lot of the recipes and they were all very good. Last night was the Alfredo. one of our favorites. Tomorrow I will make the Beef Stroganoff, we have had it before too and it is scrumptious. The recipes use a lot greek yogurt and whole wheat pasta. The recipes are pretty simple and use basic ingredients. Here is the link if you want to check it out. http://www.booksamillion.com/product/9780345520906

Tonight
is Taco Tuesday! I missed it last week and DH was disappointed
tongue.png

today is baby lima beans, taters and corn bread. I m alright i just stay so tired all of the time, my blood sugar is way out of wack and i have two more huge boils caused from my kidney failure but i 'll be alright thanks for asking though
lol.png

Last edited:
chickabator and thechickenchick - I'm sorry to hear that neither of you are feeling well. I'm sending
hugs.gif
to both of you.

menageriemama - How is the program coming along?

Dragonfly Ranch - Since it's not possible to eat just one, I'll skip on asking for the recipe for the homemade chips.
tongue.png

Last night the dinner was made by the kids, with guidance by me.
big_smile.png
They had asked me to teach them to cook over the summer, so last night they selected Spaghetti, Salad, and bread (store bought) for their first meal. The hardest part was teaching them to slow down - to read the directions before beginning, prep all the items that needed to be chopped, etc. They just wanted to forge ahead. In the end, it turned out very well and they did a great job with the spaghetti. From here on out, Mondays are their day to make supper, so stay tuned for next week's adventure.
wink.png

Tonight we're eating out in celebration of my nieces graduation from 8th grade.

Backyard Buddies - that sounds like so much fun for the kids....with a wonderful learning experience too! Keep us posted on the 'Monday Menus'.

We're having a vegetable plate tonight - all with veggies from the garden

Steamed Snap & Wax Beans
Honey Glazed Carrots
Boiled New Potaotes & Green Onions
Sauteed Yellow Squash & Zucchini w/Pecans
Sliced Tomato - our first of the season!, Mountain Spring heirloom

We have a half loaf of homemade Poppyseed White bread, guess we'll finish it too. I'll make garlic bread from it.

Backyard Buddies: Yesterday was the last day!!! WOOT!!!! I feel really good- lost 13lbs, but am planning on all of that coming back as the master cleanse really isnt a diet. Tonight I am roasting the first homegrown meatie of the year, roasting some taters and doing some kind of tossed salad
big_smile.png
YAY FOOD!!!

Last night was Tuna and Noodles. Had shopping to do after work for the supplies to tape the Sheetrock in my new studio so got home late and needed some thing quick and easy.

Backyard Buddies - Homemade potato chips are the best. I figure that if we eat them once in a great while I want to have fresh potatoes and limited salt. I have a Mandolin (one of my favorite kitchen gadgets) that I can get them thin and uniform. Then use a good quality vegetable oil and deep fry. The secret is HOT oil and keep them moving until golden brown. Again, we don't buy or eat these regularly so I justify that we can have them once in a while. Also, its great that the kids want to learn to cook! I think some times that home cooking is becoming a lost art in most families. The aspect of good food and sitting down to the dinner table together is so important.

Not sure about dinner tonight - will check back here throughout the day for inspiration.

Sandee

Sorry for my sporadic participation here everyone..

Last night
Bison Burgers with a touch of liquid smoke
Homegrown cucumber/cabbage/carrot slaw
Creamy pesto pasta - using garden basil & fresh noodles
Organic broccoli & corn from the store with butter

Tonight
Colored Freedom Ranger breasts with bbq sauce
Kraft Mac N Cheese (a total cheat & junk food for us)
Bush's Baked beans (canned only a few miles from my house, so still local)
Romaine & Bibb Lettuce salads with all the fixings, cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, cukes etc... Only the bell peppers in this group are store bought... and this should be the last bunch of them as the garden peppers are nearly ready!

Tomorrow, is only a guess but...
You've seen me make before the sweet potato/regular potato stir fry with all the veggies & smoked sausage over rice... that is likely it.

ALSO
We have started again feeding the dogs REAL food
So for the next couple of days the pooches are eating typically
Raw ground beef (palm size), 2 raw eggs, half a cup of cooked mixed veggies, half a cup of cooked rice or pasta or raw rolled oats and whatever left overs are from dinner. The smaller dogs get 1 egg each and just a little less beef. I'll also be making up several batches of corn bread to use as the grain filler from time to time.
We've saved a FORTUNE in dog food costs, not to mention that the dogs themselves clean their bowls and are excited to have dinner every night.

Back
Top Bottom