Hey there! new to the site, any Urban backyard farmers too?

I am an avid gardener that lives in a downtown area, in a suburb south of Dayton, Ohio. Recently found out that homeowners can have up to four chickens on their property. So this girl is going to research research research on the best egg layers, when and how to buy them, and all things chickens! I would love to hear from any other people living in a downtown community that owns chickens and also gardens. My lot is a double lot, about less than half an acre.
:frowHi & :welcomewelcome!!!
Glad you joined us here on BYC!
2019-12-05_23.14.24.jpg

Welcome :welcome My chickens are truly backyard chickens :) I thought I’d start with 4 because I couldn’t find info on #of chickens allowed in our ordinance. Bigger city ‘next door’ allows 4..... Well, turns out we don’t have a limit but the expectation is not to get to the point where neighbors complain.
Check out the learning center, look at coop ideas, chicken breeds and get started with a setup that fits your space, climate and personal preferences

Hi! :frow Welcome to BYC! My chickens are all good layers, Buff Orpingtons, Australorps and Rhode Island Reds. All my chickens get to live out their lives, but I wouldn't add any other RIRs. The orpingtons are such docile sweethearts. RIRs can be a little aggressive, although the two I currently have aren't. BO's are by far my favorites, and I have 3 very Young Lavender Orpingtons who seem very sweet and are quite beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom