Hey you! Go put some eggs in that incubator, u know u want to! 08/11

I have no clue. My eggs went into lockdown yesterday. I think I have some that are quitters, but
idunno.gif
First time incubation. I'm not sure how it will turn out.
hu.gif

Update on first attempt. I have 2 of the jersey giants completely out of their shell and doing good so far. A few others are trying real hard. These are shipped eggs so if I get 4 outta 16 that is about average right?

We got very lucky with our batch of peahen eggs this year. 2 out of 7 peachicks hatched and only one of them needed assistance (it cracked once and didn't move while the other cracked, hatched, and stayed in the incubator for an hour before we put our foot(s?) down and helped the little guy). Also, in our two batches of button quail eggs, three hatched the first time and two the second time.

Yay for everyone! Please don't forget to POST PICTURES!
smile.png

I had one chick hatch a full day early, we went for groceries, when we got back he was dead. Have no idea why or how, he looked perfect. Sad. Now today, on the real hatch day, one has popped out and quite a few are pipped.

Good luck everyone! I hope they start coming out like popcorn.

Quote:
Hmm, I would expect a lot better than that but I dunno. I've heard of 100% hatches from shipped eggs, so I would expect at least %50. Do you think it could be user error though?? Were they all fertile?

5 actually hatched out. 2 died the next day, 3 doing well in the brooder. All eggs were at different stages of development, so all were fertile. Rest was probably something I did. I think my humidity was way off. Going to get a therm with the humidity on it. Going to try again soon with some of my bantam eggs.

Back
Top Bottom