HGTV Dream Home...Anyone go for it?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Lunachick, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I like to watch the show, and see what they come up with - property wise and location. All the advertisers and building products... Sometimes I like the house and location, sometimes I don't. Picky me! But since I'm just dreaming, why not?

I REALLY like the one that was in the NC mountains a few years ago, this one is pretty nice too. BUT, since I don't know California that well, so....for someone that aint gonna win something I might as well be real picky, heck I'll take that there Vanderbilt Mansion in Asheville, what the heck.

2. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    This is so funny because I was watching it today thinking, that yard is NOT big enough for a coop and reasonable number of chickens! I like my house better!

3. Felicitas

Felicitas Chillin' With My Peeps

I always enter, every year, every day the contest is open. Even if we couldn't live in the home, it'd be a nice property to be able to sell. [​IMG]

4. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

My neighbor actually got to see the house and peek around the yard!! I asked if there was room for my chickens because I was planning on winning the house ( [​IMG] ) and she said NO WAY! The yard is not big at all. Plus, the location is so-so. You have this gorgeous dream home plopped in a location with ho-hum houses around. I think some of their other locations have been spectacular!

5. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Maybe the budget ain't what it used to be? Considering people can't even keep their own houses. But we can DREAM can't we? [​IMG]

6. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep! We can dream! I do it all the time... [​IMG]

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Dream on![​IMG]

8. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I enter it, if only to absolutely guarantee that I won't win it.

This year's home is in Napa, the only other place on the planet my husband would agree to live (besides Cape Cod). I'm crossing my fingers.

9. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Even if you win, you'd have to pay the taxes on it. [​IMG] Makes you wonder if it's even worth it. BUT, wouldn't it be nice if a fellow BYC'r got it? [​IMG]

10. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Can't cuz hubby is retired from GM. [​IMG] If I could, and if I did win it, I'd sell it and stay here and get more chickens and a huge coop and goats, and....well, you get it.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by