HGTV Dream Home...Anyone go for it?

Lunachick

Chicken Slave
12 Years
Mar 19, 2007
Brick, NJ
I like to watch the show, and see what they come up with - property wise and location. All the advertisers and building products... Sometimes I like the house and location, sometimes I don't. Picky me! But since I'm just dreaming, why not?

I REALLY like the one that was in the NC mountains a few years ago, this one is pretty nice too. BUT, since I don't know California that well, so....for someone that aint gonna win something I might as well be real picky, heck I'll take that there Vanderbilt Mansion in Asheville, what the heck.

This is so funny because I was watching it today thinking, that yard is NOT big enough for a coop and reasonable number of chickens! I like my house better!

I always enter, every year, every day the contest is open. Even if we couldn't live in the home, it'd be a nice property to be able to sell.
wink.png

My neighbor actually got to see the house and peek around the yard!! I asked if there was room for my chickens because I was planning on winning the house (
lol.png
) and she said NO WAY! The yard is not big at all. Plus, the location is so-so. You have this gorgeous dream home plopped in a location with ho-hum houses around. I think some of their other locations have been spectacular!

Maybe the budget ain't what it used to be? Considering people can't even keep their own houses. But we can DREAM can't we?
big_smile.png

I enter it, if only to absolutely guarantee that I won't win it.

This year's home is in Napa, the only other place on the planet my husband would agree to live (besides Cape Cod). I'm crossing my fingers.

Even if you win, you'd have to pay the taxes on it.
sad.png
Makes you wonder if it's even worth it. BUT, wouldn't it be nice if a fellow BYC'r got it?
smile.png

Can't cuz hubby is retired from GM.
sad.png
If I could, and if I did win it, I'd sell it and stay here and get more chickens and a huge coop and goats, and....well, you get it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom