Hi all!! Diving in as a new member!

Ok, question 1. Is this ok for their water?? That's what I have in there now. Some say to use shallow Tupperware container and cut a hole for their head.
2. What is this clear kinda slimy snotty stuff I've seen around the mouth and nose on a couple once or twice today?
3. At what age can ya give them treats?
4. At what age can they have safe and short play dates outside?
5. At what age can you let them swim in shallow water?
6. How do I mix brewers yeast in with their food?
7. Is their stool supposed to be kinda slimy??

1.i used that for the first day or two then was worried they wouldn't be able to clean their noses and gave them a very shallow heavy bowl (so they couldn't tip it) they have since graduates to a small feeder tub from tractor supply.
2. No idea either what that would be.
3. I gave mine treats since they were about 2 days old. Crickets, some spinach, tiny cut up grapes, minnows. All of these but the minnows were hand fed and the minnows I was there with them to make sure they didn't choke. They were TINY minnows. And just make sure to provide grit as well.
4.'mine went outside today for the first time, they are 3 and 2 weeks. It was a little chilly 59 and breezy. We were out for 15ish minutes, but they loved it.
5. Mine were three days old when I put them in the bathtub. They have gotten swims at least 2ce a day since them, for my enjoyment as well as theirs :)
6. I use the niacin as well
7. Their poop goes back and forth depending on what they eat

I'm In the same boat with names! I have a few names I like but don't want to name them until I know the sex. I don't want to have to change it later on. :)

Ok will look for niacin this weekend. Can you get it pretty much anywhere?

They went for their first swim a little bit ago in my big tub! Put bout 4 inches of warm water in it and OMG! Lol! They had a ball and they were so funny! My husband and I laughed so hard! :). We died them off and put them under light. They did not want to get out. Would swim away from me as fast as they could when I tried to catch them lol. May have to do it again this evening when kids get home. Will get pics then.

To keep from having a wet mess as ducks are notorious to do, I use a gallon water or milk container and usually cut three holes just big enough for their heads up a couple of inches from the bottom. You will have to redo the holes or make another as they grow and that is at least weekly.

I am new to ducks also. :) I was able to find Niacin tablets at GNC yesterday. I got the regular kind not no flush as I have read that kind is bad for ducks. Here's what I got.

Back
Top Bottom