hi all i have magpie ducks

update my husband took her to a farmer who as been breeded ducks for years and he said that its Spraddle leg and she was most problem born with it and i need to bring her legs together and one leg is weaking than the other so we need to get some strenght in that leg.
so we started last night and she is trying to stand up but it can take a while for her to be walking around so all fingers are crossed that this works xx

Last edited:
update my husband took her to a farmer who as been breeded ducks for years and he said that its Spraddle leg and she was most problem born with it and i need to bring her legs together and one leg is weaking than the other so we need to get some strenght in that leg.
so we started last night and she is trying to stand up but it can take a while for her to be walking around so all fingers are crossed that this works xx
Well that's better than broken, yes poultry pedia has alot of good tips on leg issues and also swimming in shallow warm water will help build muscle too. always keep them on no slip footing. hobble her legs. https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/

Last edited:
Update fluffy is sitting by herself and still trying to stand but she a little fighter.
We had one die the other day it was fine running around i popped out for 30 mins come back and he was dead.
The other one is doing really well but she likes sitting on me and hates beening in the nest.

Update fluffy is sitting by herself and still trying to stand but she a little fighter.
We had one die the other day it was fine running around i popped out for 30 mins come back and he was dead.
The other one is doing really well but she likes sitting on me and hates beening in the nest.
I'm sorry you lost one, glad to hear fluffy is still trying. are you giving her any niacin or multi vits with a fair amount of niacin in it?

She having multi vits with niacin in but it has give her runny poo

I go get some tomorrow
thumbsup.gif
Have you been letting them have some swim time? putting them in some nice warm water in the tub where you can watch them might help the little one gain some strength in her legs. it takes pressure off of them and while she is floating around she will be gaining strength in her legs. Never leave them unattended and always make sure they are towel dried then put back under their heat lamp.

I got some brewers yeast and yes the both have a swim but fluffy always look like she sinking so i hold her under her belly to give her support.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom