hi all i have magpie ducks

I tried to put her out with the others but the white duck i have keeps picking on her and i don't know how to get her to like luna.
Luna just crys for me she follows me every where and the other half thinks that i should wait till she 10 weeks old before trying again with the older ducks because she only 8 weeks now

I tried to put her out with the others but the white duck i have keeps picking on her and i don't know how to get her to like luna.
Luna just crys for me she follows me every where and the other half thinks that i should wait till she 10 weeks old before trying again with the older ducks because she only 8 weeks now
When you try again make a temp fencing so Luna is on one side and the rest of the ducks on the other, let them live side by side for at least a week. then try letting them all out on neutral ground and throw treats on the ground, Maybe they can get together that way while eating and soon she'll be inter grated into the flock. It takes time always when introducing a new one.

Ok i will try that thank i just want her to be with other ducks because that is better for her than being with me all the time

Ok i will try that thank i just want her to be with other ducks because that is better for her than being with me all the time
We had the same problem, one of our ducklings that hatched here was rejected by his mom so we had to bring him in to raise for a while, I just took him outside daily so he could see the others and them him but I always stayed with him after a few weeks at 12 weeks old he was fully intergrated into the flock. It' takes time but it can be done.
smile.png

Been taking luna at for over a week now and the white duck i have got is still being horried to her peaking out her and dropping her head and charging out poor luna

Been taking luna at for over a week now and the white duck i have got is still being horried to her peaking out her and dropping her head and charging out poor luna
Gosh what could be going on? have you been keeping them side by side during the day too? with fencing of course. Just really hard to know what is going on in that head of the white duck, but just this morning one of my ducks started to go after a younger one just to pick on it, I happened to be standing there so I bent over and started walking towards the one who was going to pick and acted like i was going to pick her up, she got out of there quick. Got her mind off of what she wanted to do. They can sure be stubborn.

Luna been going out in the garden next to their pen so that they can see her and today i let her in with them and all of them were fine then i was watching them from the window and the white duck was putting at her feathers and every time luna moved she put her head down and chase her.than spot the male one started putting at her

Back
Top Bottom