Hi everyone!

Strato

Chirping
Aug 8, 2019
Hi all, I'm Strato and I just moved to a new house that came a chicken run and a flock, and I'm very excited/slightly overwhelmed by all the information I'm trying to learn about taking care of them!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Brand-new, although I have always been interested in keeping them! I've only had these birds a little over a week but I'm enjoying it a lot so far.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Six chickens, one rooster, and two ducks. There was a third duck but a raccoon got to her a few days ago.

(3) What breeds do you have?
According to the previous owner, the ducks are Cayuga, and the chickens are a mix of Marans and Americauna, and one Welsummer.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
It's all very novel to me, I think they're beautiful, I like hearing them whether I'm in the yard or in the house. And of course, I can't complain about free eggs and fertilizer either.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I'm an artist and most of my endeavors are on the creative side. I like learning new languages, traveling, and rescuing animals when I have the chance.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm married, work from home, and share my home with two dogs and two cats.

Back
Top Bottom