Hi Folks.....can anyone ID this rooster?

glitch

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 24, 2009

Yup the one in the foreground is crowing....I've never seen a roo with such a short tail.
BTW He's about 6m/o.
Any ideas?

That tail is really rounded, but at six months his feathers will still be growing. Do wonder if he maybe is mix, maybe something like rock and orpington? Do you have any idea what breed/s he could be?

He should be a partridge rock and I'm pretty sure he is but I wonder what's up with his tail.
I got him from MM so that should rule out the mix right?

He should be a partridge rock and I'm pretty sure he is but I wonder what's up with his tail.
I got him from MM so that should rule out the mix right?
MM is a big commercial hatchery breeding more for pets, not show birds, so they aren't really selecting for birds strictly by the sop, but I have used them quite a bit and usually their birds do look like what they are supposed to... but there is always the possibility of an accidental mix up somewhere up the line. Except for his tail right now he does look like a rock and with any luck his tail is just at a weird stage of growth and the longer feathers will be showing up pretty soon.

He is a cross bred, I don't really know kind of a cross. But, all varieties of rocks have tails. Don't kid yourself, if this rooster doesn't have tail feathers by this stage of feathering out he will never have any.

I think he is gorgeous what ever he is.

Can anyone tell me what breed my rooster is? He was given to me and I am new to chickens.

Back
Top Bottom