Hi from Southern California

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jill Richardson, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Jill Richardson

Jill Richardson Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2009
    Hello,
    I recently moved to La Mesa, CA, which is just east of San Diego. In the past month, I've asked the city council to legalize backyard chickens. Today they put chickens on the agenda at City Council and decided to table the issue until after they update the General Plan. It's a reasonable decision even though it's obnoxious that we have to wait. In the wake of the city council meeting, I met a few other residents who also want chickens. The members of city council mentioned at the meetings that they have received emails asking them to legalize chickens. You can see the entire saga of my efforts here: http://www.lavidalocavore.org/diary/2839/the-chicken-project-city-council-tables-the-issue (at the bottom there are links to previous posts).

At the meeting I spoke to a reporter from the San Diego Union-Tribune. She's doing a piece on us and chickens. If she gets it published, I ask that others (especially SoCal residents) please send letters to the editor to the San Diego Union-Tribune about chickens.

Jill

2. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

3. Hello and [​IMG] from Missouri

4. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Welcome. I hope you get to be chicken legal!

5. vyshtia

vyshtia Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    Norco, CA
    [​IMG]

6. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

7. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas size [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

9. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC from The Pampered Pullets Farm in North Central Florida
    [​IMG]

10. TommyVT05

TommyVT05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2008
    Southern California
    Welcome To BYC Jill!

Glad to have you here : ) Its very nice to see another San Dieagan come and join us. In regards to trying to get to chickens legalized at certain areas, please come join use here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=78935 Our goal is to legalize chickens for the remaining areas of San Diego. Hope you can join us! [​IMG]

- Tommy

Quote:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by