Hi from Southern California

Hello,
I recently moved to La Mesa, CA, which is just east of San Diego. In the past month, I've asked the city council to legalize backyard chickens. Today they put chickens on the agenda at City Council and decided to table the issue until after they update the General Plan. It's a reasonable decision even though it's obnoxious that we have to wait. In the wake of the city council meeting, I met a few other residents who also want chickens. The members of city council mentioned at the meetings that they have received emails asking them to legalize chickens. You can see the entire saga of my efforts here: http://www.lavidalocavore.org/diary/2839/the-chicken-project-city-council-tables-the-issue (at the bottom there are links to previous posts).

At the meeting I spoke to a reporter from the San Diego Union-Tribune. She's doing a piece on us and chickens. If she gets it published, I ask that others (especially SoCal residents) please send letters to the editor to the San Diego Union-Tribune about chickens.

Jill

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom