hi from the confused english man

andy boo

Hatching
8 Years
Jul 23, 2011
:rolleyes:we have 3 new...... 16 week old chooks eating well and free to roam the garden but here it comes the messy side of everything cute. (poo) i want to collect it and make it into a liquid fertilizer (tea), to help regrow everything the little darlings dig up and destroy you get the idea ,grass ,bushes, shrubs .i just dont know if i put the very organic liquid down will they come to any harm,the chickens that is not the plants . as i prefer not to have a heavy beating from the girlfriend does anybody have any ideas big thanks .... andy
smile.png
oops sorry hi every body

Last edited:
i had a feeling i might have to compost aaaagghh.... something else for the little diggers to scratch up
big_smile.png

you just amazed me we have... can you belive this the same breeds minus the labs lost her 2 years ago:(

Hi from Ga.

97415_100_0555.jpg

WELCOME ABOARD. Making your own fertilizer will probably pose no problem. Just don't go over board.

Last edited:
I believe, the nitrogen content of fresh poo, is too hot for applying directly to the garden. My uncle once put raw horse manure on his roses and lost every last one. Burned them right to the roots. I think you'll need to compost/age the poo before actually using it on your plants.

Back
Top Bottom