Hi from Wichita, Kansas!

welcome-byc.gif
from WI

Chooks Chick: thanks for the warm welcome. I had noticed your location on one of your posts and (and you believe this?) I actually googled Larry before I figured out you're in KU territory! LOL! My brother lives in Lawrence, so I do get up there from time to time. And he tells me his Filipina mother-in-law keeps a couple of chickens, so I need to check that out. You're right about the weather providing a good opportunity to think about how I'd keep my babies in winter. I'm thinking insulation would be good. I will definitely check out the link you posted, as well as your column! So cool!

HE Chicken: Hi, fellow ICT-person! I live near 21st & Rock -- wheresabouts are you?

Hi, fldiver97! I'm from WI, too! It's cracking me up -- some of the school districts around here are closing tomorrow because of the cold! My dad grew up on a dairy farm near Shawano, and they also kept chickens -- I've been asking him how they handled the winters! Whereabouts in WI are you?

Hi, Farmer Benjii! At least you're not suffering from the cold down unda, are you? Hubby and I visited Oz (we're from Kansas, so lotsa jokes!) in 2000 -- I especially loved Perth and Exmouth and Darwin (Kakadu!). It seems fewer Yanks get there than the east coast. I just love how tah interwebs put all us English-speakers in touch!

Quote:
I am just west of downtown but in a city this size, that's not far away. There are a couple of other Wichitans that I know of on BYC and also someone in Derby so we are a growing group....

Hey!
welcome-byc.gif
I am from Ottawa Kansas! Your only like an hour away from me..
big_smile.png
Glad to hear of other people from Kansas who are chicken lovers
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom