Hi im Jersey Jim living in Fl raising chickens!

La Flèche would be a good guess if it just had the white ear lobes. They both have the dark legs.
When chickens are dubbed, do they also cut earlobes and wattles? How old are they when they do that? Is it a cross?
Found this site which I have never seen. Nice site!:

http://mygoldenbuffies.weebly.com/info-about-chicken-breeds-and-more.html

These might still be le fleche, as I said above the white ear lobes develops with maturity. I raise polish, and lakenvelders who both have white ear lobes. Pretty sure on here in one of the game sections is how to dub. But from what I understand of it, one would cut the comb and wattles. Only the ear lobes if they are big. And dubbing is done at around a year old (so white earlobes would show up by then) But I am not sure on this.

OH...I don't want to dub! I was just wondering. It doesn't appear to have much in the line of wattles and size of comb but at 4 months shouldn't these be hens?
I have no experience with birds like this. I have red sex-links, 2 Faverolles, a couple of Wyandottes, 1 Australorp, and 1 white leghorn for eggs. My others are bantams...d'Uccles, Sebrights, frizzles, Silkies.

They should b hens but im not sure, this is my first run at chicken farming lol. Here is another pic 2 weeks later!

Back
Top Bottom