Hi I'm Tarina and I am a new chicken mom

What is your location?
What is your climate?
Has there been a cold spell followed by an abrupt warm spell?

Give the rooster one cup of water with one teaspoon sugar and a pinch of salt and baking soda. See what that does.
What is your location? DUNNELLON FL.
What is your climate? Its wqrm but some cold days in the 60s and over night lows in 40s.
Has there been a cold spell followed by an abrupt warm spell? Lol yes that is Fl weather for you. But i believe he is about 2 y/o and has been living this whole time out in this area.

Give the rooster one cup of water with one teaspoon sugar and a pinch of salt and baking soda. See what that does. Okay I have been giving sugar water so I will try that now.

How old is he? Try to get him drinking some fluids with sugar or electrolytes. Hold it up to his beak. Is he is lethargic, puffed up, with runny poops, treating for coccidiosis with Corid may be something you would want to do. Does he seem bullied by the others? Mix some wet feed and water in a small bowl to offer him.
None of the chickens have been bullying him he was the only roo for the past 15 days and the new one I have is a silkie. He is about 2 years old and yes last night and yesterday he was very lethargic not wanting to stand up not eating drinking. I've been giving him water with electrolytes and oregano oil. As well as sugar water and paste like food. He just pooped so I'm posting that pic. Not sure how to do the other suggestions.

Attachments

• 16991048574163050031196123655820.jpg
    16991048574163050031196123655820.jpg
    589.9 KB · Views: 7
So he is standing and more alert. I'm sorry I cleaned him up before I saw I had a response. As soon as he poops again ill post. It is somewhat chucky but mostly watery brown with a green tint. I've started the coconut oil as he is gasping for air. But when I feel his crop he feels thin as bone don't feel an impact. Could it be in his neck? And if so how do I get that out. Thank you so much for all the help.
In the pictures his comb looks pretty dark purple It should look more bright red. This could indicate a heart or circulation problem. Especially given the gasping for air. I am unsure what treatment options there are for this. In meat birds we would cull/harvest a bird with heart troubles, but I know things are different with our resident birds.

I hope he improves!

In the pictures his comb looks pretty dark purple It should look more bright red. This could indicate a heart or circulation problem. Especially given the gasping for air. I am unsure what treatment options there are for this. In meat birds we would cull/harvest a bird with heart troubles, but I know things are different with our resident birds.

I hope he improves!
What options do I have or am I doing all of them already?

I'm trying ibhad my post and my pictures in and idk if it's because I'm on my phone or what but I lost everything and I'm trying to get him better.
:hugs

If you need help editing a post, let me know what you want to add to which post and I can edit for you. :)

:hugs

If you need help editing a post, let me know what you want to add to which post and I can edit for you. :)
I was trying to post all these pics and the back story. I let the chickens out of the run at 730am yesterday and by 945 he was laying lifeless by the door. He was very lethargic and now he is standing and alert. I checked the crop but he seems very thin not like something stuck but I'm doing the coconut oil now. I've been feeding past like food and water with surgery or electrolytes and oregano oil. I hear him gasping but can't feel anything poop is water with white or brown and hint of green. And sometimes chunky. Thank you for the help

Attachments

• 20231104_100905.jpg
    20231104_100905.jpg
    460.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20231104_092539.jpg
    20231104_092539.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20231104_092549.jpg
    20231104_092549.jpg
    489.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20231103_103255.jpg
    20231103_103255.jpg
    653.2 KB · Views: 5
I was trying to post all these pics and the back story. I let the chickens out of the run at 730am yesterday and by 945 he was laying lifeless by the door. He was very lethargic and now he is standing and alert. I checked the crop but he seems very thin not like something stuck but I'm doing the coconut oil now. I've been feeding past like food and water with surgery or electrolytes and oregano oil. I hear him gasping but can't feel anything poop is water with white or brown and hint of green. And sometimes chunky. Thank you for the help
Poor guy. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom