VintageDutchGirl

Chirping
Jul 5, 2017
PNW
Been lurking awhile, gleaning wonderful bits of advice for caring for our new flock of 7 chickens!

2 RIR's, 10 weeks old
2 Easter eggers (we think), 10 weeks old
3 "Ameracauna".....or Easter eggers, unsure if they are true Ameracaunas or not, 5 weeks old.

Currently converting back 1/4 of our large shed into a raised coop with outdoor biosecure run and optional additional daytime "playground" by the compost.

Our older chicks are currently in a tractor outside, the 5 weekers are in the garage in a large brooder. Trying to get coop done before integrating the 2 groups...hoping a new territory for all at the same time will decrease any bullying from the older chicks.

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC!
Good luck on the integration.

This video should help you find your way around this site better:

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Good luck with plans for the shed, it's always good when things can be reused. I hope you are able to get everyone together and living in harmony.

Enjoy your time here on BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

You can expect those chicks to be Easter Eggers. But, if you want to find out what you have breed/gender post photos at "what breed or gender is this."

I might have to do that, our older chicks are 10 weeks old, and I need to know if they are pullets or Roos. We can't have roosters in our city limits!

Back
Top Bottom