Hi new duck mom of 5

It depends what "adult duck food" is. Some feed is adequate for all ages and all life stages and some is not. My ducklings and adults and chickens all get the same feed. If you provide us with the specific food we can better guide you on that.

Also with eggs, maybe I'm paranoid, but I try to only give eggs and shells back to my flock that came from my flock in the first place.

I choose not to give treats to ducklings and just give them their regular feed as it's best formulated to help them grow and ducklings need special nutrition while growing and I don't like to interfere with that. This is not to say that they can't have treats (make sure to provide grit), but their food should have everything they need in it.

I have 2 questions. How often can I give my ducklings boiled eggs. Second question can I give them adult duck food if I grind it up. I have 5 ducklings 1 is 10 days old and other 4 are 4 days old.
IMG_20190508_115437.jpg

I have not given my duck boiled eggs yet. You should not give duckling adult food because the nutrition ratios are way lower than what ducklings need. Ducklings need higher protein than adults when they are very little. Here is a great forum for new duck owners https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/raising-and-caring-for-ducklings.750869/
Thank you I'll stick with the crumble. I just can't find big bad of that.

My duckling get eggs scrambled from my hens and I believe with all my heart it saved their lives. I had already lost two to shipping stress and the eggs were a last ditch effort to save these two and it did.

Back
Top Bottom