Hi there, until recently I was terrified of birds

raccoonroom

Chirping
Aug 1, 2020
And then I found ducks.

Believe it or not, until recently I was absolutely terrified of birds. At thirty years old, I would jump if a pigeon got too close. Actually, I still do that. I was also very against any visit to my sister in law's house because she had free range chickens and their dinosaur feet and razor talons freaked me right out.

But you know, quarantine makes people do crazy things like agree to let their son incubate some duck eggs kinda crazy. Every one knows I'm scared of birds. They've all seen me shriek when a bird gets close. So no one thought in a million years I'd let my son incubate eggs let alone keep them afterwards.

BUT I'M OBSESSED WITH THEM!

I've become a crazy duck lady in a matter of months. We have three WH ducklings (2 ducks and a drake) and they go every where with me. They enjoy the kids and my partner, but they're pretty clear about who's their favorite person in the house. They follow me all through the yard and whenever we take them to the beach. I'm working on some homemade duck diaper designs since they're still growing I won't have a good size for too long.

And then... I discovered CHICKENS WITH PANTS!
Before I knew it, I was convincing my sister in law to let me foster a pair of Cochins for her in my backyard. That's right, the grown woman terrified of birds has three ducks in the house and two chickens in the backyard. And it's been amazing!

So hello, I'm a new poultry enthusiast and a new member to BYC. I can't wait to share my experiences raising these birds and getting to know you all! 20200725_115005.jpg
20200727_121548.jpg
20200801_191518.jpg

Back
Top Bottom