High Desert, California!!

Hi Everyone,

I am in East Lancaster, almost to Lake L.A.

I thought I would post here first that I have some extra Dorking Roosters for anyone who needs a well behaved flock Roo to look after they're ladies. These guys are huge, gentle, smart, and people friendly birds from last spring's hatch. Dorkings are a dual purpose bird that free range well. Mine do wonderfully well in our schizophrenic hot/cold weather. Please PM me if you are interested. Pictures available just as soon as I remember to get them (lol).

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to get a Livestock Guardian Dog pup for my farm from a town in Northern California by Redding. I am in San Diego and am looking to train/ caravan this guy down here. It'll be in about 8 weeks from now. If anyone can help or has any ideas can you please PM me.

Thanks!

Hey SoCal Dorking,
I am over here in Littlerock.I just got a couple of very nice roosters from Kian the other day. Good to know the Dorkings do well in our area.

Cappy

A few of us from the California Poultry People are getting together out in Neenach to practice processing some birds together Saturday. I think some of them are here. If it's a success, perhaps it would be a good thing to do from here as well. Right now, I'm a big time newbie, only having processed five birds. But I've learned a lot, so we'll see how it goes. I know there are quite a few desert rats who would like to learn to get away from eating the supermarket chickens.

I've been looking for someone to humanely (as possible) process my culls, but the closest I have found is Best Live Poultry in Sylmar. Please PM me details. I'm not sure in up to the task personally (yet?), but I would love to find someone that is.

Hey SoCal Dorking,
I am over here in Littlerock.I just got a couple of very nice roosters from Kian the other day. Good to know the Dorkings do well in our area.

Cappy

I've only been out here for going on 2 years, and there's quite the learning curve with animals, gardening, etc. but we have the most beautiful blue skies and sunsets.

Is that a bee keeping outfit in your avatar? Maybe it's some of your runaways that have taken up residence at my place. If you're a bee person, I'll have to ask you how I can take better care of "my" bees. I didn't know I wanted any, but they apparently knew better :)

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I am in East Lancaster, almost to Lake L.A.

I thought I would post here first that I have some extra Dorking Roosters for anyone who needs a well behaved flock Roo to look after they're ladies. These guys are huge, gentle, smart, and people friendly birds from last spring's hatch. Dorkings are a dual purpose bird that free range well. Mine do wonderfully well in our schizophrenic hot/cold weather. Please PM me if you are interested. Pictures available just as soon as I remember to get them (lol).
There is a fellow that advertises on Craiglist in San Diego. He does butchering I contacted him by email and He sounds like he travels. You might contact him and see if he goes up somewhere close to you.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/grd/3504049590.html

deb

I've been looking for someone to humanely (as possible) process my culls, but the closest I have found is Best Live Poultry in Sylmar. Please PM me details. I'm not sure in up to the task personally (yet?), but I would love to find someone that is.

Just a few of us are doing it this first time, and the idea is that we can all learn/get better at doing it ourselves. If you get on the California Poultry People thread over on Facebook, there are a few threads there. I'd like to do this every couple of months so that there will be a group of us desert rats that feel comfortable with this. SoCal Dorking, there is a fellow CPP person right out by you.

Hope you all got a little snow. We just had a dusting in Neenach.

Richard

Yes, I'm Heirloom and Heritage on CPP... If I remember I joined BYC after, and had to come up with something different because BYC wouldn't let me have that here too...

There's quite a bit of cross pollination between CPP and BYC :)

I remember the processing discussion, and I'm glad your taking the matter into your own hands so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom