High Desert, California!!

Yay, really local folks!

In case you didn't know about it, there is a fun charity Bake Sale & Farmer's Market coming up on 3/3/13 at Vincent Hill Restaurant & Saloon. set up costs for the Annual Hogs & Horses Charity Poker Ride.

I will be donating some hatching eggs among other things, and there will be a lot of great stuff for sale with all proceeds going towards set up costs for the annual Hogs & Horses Charity Poker Ride.

what time does this usually start and run until? For example... would it still be going on after 1ish? (we have church)

Way to go on the processing party, I hope that I can get something like that together in ridgecrest some day. I have 29 pheasants due for processing on August 9th, but I've never done the deed myself, so I am looking forward to detail from you guys.

TheRedRoostIn

Hello From Oak Hills/Hesperia! Glad to see more BYCers in the region! Hows everyone been (as I see this thread is a little old) lol

Welcome! I was late to the party too.

welcome-byc.gif
Always nice to meet new friends!

I am so glad to have found this thread I am in Hesperia been here since 2010 and love love love being a desert rat. I do not like going DTH for anything it is just too humid. Like most people I always thought hot is hot well hot DTH is horrid here I can get in the shade and be fine in 100 degree weather.

We got our first six chicks in 2011 and 5 turned out to be roos 1 passed. We took 4 back as the one we kept was 1/3 smaller than the others and was not crowing so we assumed it was a hen. WRONG it started to crow 2 weeks later. We exchanged the others and brought home 2 Sussex hens. Really good layers our girls lay straight through the winter. Last year we purchased 4 more hens BO/RIR mix and too are good layers.

Looking forward to reading more of what you all do for your girls up here.

Back
Top Bottom