High Desert, California!!

Hello, all. I haven't been on the site in quite a while and it's good to be back. My husband and I feel like we've gained so much knowledge about our flock. I got tons of great information from books, from websites (mostly byc), and from chicken keepers... but nothing could surpass the wealth of understanding that came with just hanging out with the girls. Everyday getting to know them during feedings or mid-day while they dust bathed. This year has been prosperous for our broody hens as well. I'm commenting on this thread to see if any of you are near my area, Apple Valley, Hesperia, Barstow, Newberry Springs and if those close enough would be interested in selling or trading hens with us. I've got 2-barred rocks, 2-light brahama, and a rir to hopefully trade out for silkies and/or orpingtons (any shade). Thank you in advance!

Lu

Hi I live in the high dessert. Hesperia area and my two of four ladies just started laying eggs. I got the back in June but I understand it's winter. They are fun to have around. I just wanted to get tips on where about I should get some good organic feed in this area.

Hi all,

Not sure this is the right place, you all look south of me.
I have a friend looking for a light sussex hen.
can anyone help?

Hey guys I live in the outer part of lancaster! I was wondering on if I should get a couple pekin ducks. Any advice on it?

Just wanted to let everyone know in the high desert area that i am currenty hatching and selling chicks, I have silkies, cochins, white leghorns, and barred rocks some laying hens are crossed but still lay very well. Also i am seeking a red bourbon tom as a bobcat got ahold of mine if anyone has one willing to sell or trade or knows anyone selling one PLEASE! Direct them my way as my hens are starting to lay-Turkey creek farm.

Back
Top Bottom