High Desert, California!!

I came across this ad on craigslist. basically, someone with space in their incubator offering to hatch your eggs - for 20% of the hatching. I know nothing of the people, nor an I endorsing it, but, just thought I'd post it here, on case anyone was interested.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/grd/2281191620.html

My 2 week old babies are doing well, but, two of my "Delawares" are so big, I'm starting to wonder it they are turkeys - seriously!

Last edited:
We are in Hesperia as well. We have 6 almost 3 week old Dominiques. Never had chickens before but we are loving it thus far. Today we spent all day building our coop, it will be awesome.

We have a 1/2 acre and are really into living a sustainable life. We grow a lot of our food and are into home brewing as well. We have bees and now chickens. I had no idea there are people from our neighborhood on this thread.
smile.png

Quote:
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
For not being that big, there sure are quite a few Hesperians here!
big_smile.png
DH and I homebrew (when we get the chance) and have a large garden as well. I like that our climate lets us garden year round!

Quote:
Did you mean Stallion Springs? That is where I live. I have heard about this guy, if we are talking about the same guy.

Haha, yes, my mistake. It's Stallion Springs. Quite an adventure getting there and picking up those chickens! I'm just praying that everyone is healthy...'cause I didn't quarantine.
tongue.png

Quote:
I have only heard good things from people who have gotten chickens from him. The only negative or questionable things I have heard are people's reaction to him not giving directions to his house right off the bat. Technically, we are not allowed to have chickens here. It is against the CC&Rs, so I don't blame him!

Quote:
We would really like to get some copper marans at some point; perhaps when we are ready to incubate eggs. I hope you get a rooster! I didn't see a marans rooster at the place where I picked up the hens, but he's bound to get one eventually. How many hens do you have?

Quote:
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
For not being that big, there sure are quite a few Hesperians here!
big_smile.png
DH and I homebrew (when we get the chance) and have a large garden as well. I like that our climate lets us garden year round!

How awesome. I am glad that I signed up here. Nice to meet you. I am sure I can learn quite a bit from people who have been raising chickens for much longer than we have. I like the idea of networking, teaching and learning from each other.

Quote:
Hi CJ, thanks for the welcome (I'm Magdelaine's husband).

Do you mind me asking where in Riverside you picked up the Marans? MIL lives down in Moreno Valley and I'm through that area of the world a lot for work.

Thanks,

Yez

Back
Top Bottom