Hijacks! Don't update "Flashplayer"

Discussion in 'Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by eyesimp, May 21, 2018.

1. eyesimp

eyesimp In the Brooder

Mar 7, 2017
    I have found a couple of places where hackers have hijacked Backyard Chicken. The link to the dosage chart now triggers a fake notice that Flashplayer is outdate and needs to be updated. That is a SCAM. If you click to update it will load MALWARE on you computer. Don't click!

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator

Please report any posts, articles, etc. that might be causing anything even remotely close to this!

The quickest way to resolve this is to click the "Report" icon on the item causing problems:
    upload_2018-5-21_13-18-27.png

We take security VERY seriously and take action immediately when we find problems.

N F C, alexa009, Spartan22 and 3 others like this.
  3. eyesimp

eyesimp In the Brooder

Mar 7, 2017
    The problem I had was that the window for the popup covered the item. I couldn't get to the page. I'll try going back to it and see if I can move the popup and get to the report button.

alexa009, KikisGirls and casportpony like this.
  4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General

Can you copy/paste the link and send it in a message to a staff member?

alexa009 and KikisGirls like this.
  5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Bird is the Word

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    @eyesimp You reported the link in the Tylan thread, sure enough it goes someplace else. Its been deleted. Thank you! :)

6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator

Great teamwork!!!

:thumbsup

7. Farmer Connie

Farmer Connie All My Friends Have Hoofs

Feb 28, 2017
    Florida Peninsula
    My Coop
    I never click on any outside links or requested updates. Everyone should practice that. Members who post off site links to photos/videos- are ignored. If it's not embedded within the sanctuary of this super safe site called BYC, I don't click on it. But thank you for addressing the problem.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: