Hillside Poultry Farm is not telling the truth

Most States have "Truth in advertising" laws, as well as laws about the re-distribution of perishable foods.
CAll your local Attourney Generals office, and the Consumer Proection agency.

He is "Advertising" his "Farm Eggs" that HE did not raise, and are not from a farm... he is a Scam artist, and one that forces local farmers who DO take the time, and $ to raise their own fresh eggs to dramatically lower their prices to the point that raising them is no longer cost-effective.

Turn his Butt in-- but be SURE to document EVERYTHING! Get photo's of the area listed as the "Farm" address... get pictures or documents of the place he gets the eggs from.... buy some and show that they are re-labeled!

I HATE dishonest people... What happens if some of those eggs are "mishandled" and someone gets ill??

Quote:
Is this better?
big_smile.png

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/235/522178226_728fcb8834_m.jpg

YES!! LOL dog looks MUCH more friendly in that picture...

*eyeballing those teeth again* good grief! *shivers*

Quote:
He drives around in a big white truck all day every day selling eggs you bet alot of places use his eggs. Many would even if he was telling the truth and others may no longer use him.

On the other hand i dont know about the farm in PA i saw that also in doinf research. I know the guys name that owns it. In my mind even if the eggs are from Pa it should not say wilmington on the carton, unless he claimed to distribute eggs looses the farm refrence

You need to be certain, if you choose to take any action against him at all, that he is breaking some law and that you are not.

For example, as I understand it, no backyard chicken keeper in Georgia can sell eggs without some sort of state certification, and it is not possible to get that certification at present. Some sell eggs anyway, even put out signs, but I'll bet they would have problems if someone else filed a complaint against them, unless they got the certification while it was still available.

nothing needed here in vermont just need farm info on the carton and i dont remeber the exact limit of sales but they cap it somehow before the taxes start kicking in. In Vermont you can even sell raw milk without any paperwork. But you must be acurate in labeling for the costomer.

We have a similar situation here and it is not hurting me a bit. Why? Simple...my eggs taste better. everyone who brought up the "other guy" I simple said "Try them and if you do not like them...do not buy more". they all come back so why worry about it.

Just follow your area laws and do what you can if it really bothers you.

I would do some more research into the matter before I bring it to public attention. If he finds out that you are trying to do in his business, he can possibly get you for slander. No offense, but he probably has more assets than you and can afford to defend himself, causing you to loose a large sum of money and possibly your own farm.

I know you have good intentions, but I personally wouldn't do anything about it. Just go on with your life and concentrate on your own farm.

Last edited:
Quote:
kaya's farm :

ITS NOT ABOUT WHO'S EGGS ARE BETTER
sad.png
roll.png

No, Cetawin - she already stated that she doesn't give a rip about the customers or the hens - she is ticked because he is under-selling her. So now she wants to destroy his business.​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom