Hilltop Farm / BYC Swap / Sale, Sat. November 15th, Dunnellon, Fl

Thanks for hosting Cmom. Beautiful farm.

I also had the nice surprise when I got home of seeing my gander hatching her eggs.
I have one male and three females and I never witnessed any actual mating so I didn't know if they were fertile.
The remaining three geese are now biting my ankles with more gusto than ever.

Sorry we missed everyone at the swap today. Went to Arcadia for the Spring APA-ABA Youth Poultry Sale. Some really nice show quality birds there but not a huge turnout of buyers so what birds did sell went for bargains. We only came home with one bird. I know surprise surprise. But honestly we needed this one. It is a 8 week old potential show quality Russian Orloff cockeral. He will go with our Russian Orloff hen when he gets old enough. We have been looking for almost 3 years for a good roo for her and we finally found one. Now we just hope that she will fall madly in love with him. Will try to get a good pick posted after I wake up. We have been going for 36 hours with no sleep. Looking forward to seeing everybody at Nava's swap on the 5th.

Hi I went, bought turkeys from Allen, BCM eggs from someone, and ducklings from fallenxzero.

I didn't introduce myself was shy and a little embarrassed, I had 5 children with me. But I love my stuff, I wish I wasn't so broke I could have bought more!!!!

I hope at Nava's I can come out of my shell, and meet everyone.

Quote:
I met you
tongue.png
haha. Nice to meet you
smile.png

Hi...I was there but I didn't introduce myself. It was my first event with BYC and I think I was overwhelmed PLUS I had my kids and hubby with me, so that doesn't lead to lots of talking (to anyone but THEM at least!).

Thanks for hosting it, though. I wish I would have bought something!
smile.png

Quote:
You certainly did introduce yourself! I remember you! Hope we see you again at Nava's.
Quote:
Well, come to the next one! I'd have had at least one of my kids with me today, but she had an all-day dance class.

It was nice to see as many kids as did come though.

Last edited:
It was a great swap, got great birds for our school farm.

Will, thank you so much for your generosity. Ben held "Goldie" all day yesterday and she was the first thing on his mind this morning. He has never taken a shower so easily!
smile.png

Mr. Hagen, the turkeys are great. We are so happy that we were able to get them. They have a special pen in the barn until they get a bit older. Altoona School 4H really appreciates your support!

Cmom, your place was beautiful. Your chicken set up was inspiring. I have been trying to get the school to convert to a more open air system, and seeing yours convinced them!

We also got a beautiful pair of Serama for the school. They are very lovely. I can't remember the name of the nice man who sold them to us, but we are tickled pink!

We had to leave about noon, sorry to have missed the last part of the swap. When I got home, I realized that someone had bought a roo from me but didn't pick him up. I gave her my business card but she hasn't called me yet! I hope she didn't forget completely about her boy. I didn't get her name. She had kind of reddish hair pulled back in a bun. I know she bought two roos, a black and a buff with their cage, from the guy that was overrun with them (that's what he told me and he also bought my last 5 chicks), where the buff colored duck was. And I know she had her box of bitties she was buying in the back of a blue truck that I think belonged to the gentleman with the midget white turkeys who was across the way from me. Does anyone know who she is and how I can contact her? She bought my little Araucana X boy and I'm sure she wants what she paid for.

We sold all our chicks & poults, a serama cockbird, and our buff orp hen. Unfortunately I had to bring my muscovy drakes home, ugh. And I had people wanting our silkie hen but my daughter kept taking her out of her cage and telling people she was sold. Kind of hard to sell at a swap when the daughter wants to keep them! And, our parakeet found a new home, in exchange for (2 blue & 1 black french marans) chicks. I'm hoping I know how to sex maran bitties and didn't end up with 3 cockerels! I said I wouldn't be bringing home any birds, but I guess chicklets don't count? The one thing the daughter and I did want to buy sold before she could get over there to buy her and that was that adorable little rumpless Serama hen. She was a cutie.

Anyhow, since I didn't get to wish the birthday gal happy birthday in person (couldn't find her, went around asking), here's a belated Happy Birthday! Nice place, nice area, nice host. Thanks again.
smile.png

And if anyone knows the lady who forgot her araucana roo, please send her my way!

Back
Top Bottom