Ho much do you sell your eggs for?

I sell mine for $5.00/dz........$3.00/1/2 dz
and $3.00/bantie or small to med eggs.

I get about 20 eggs per day and have a hard time holding some back for me lol.

My customers are mainly from the city and have compared my eggs to the so-called free-range and others (store bought) and are realizing that they don't even come close to mine.

I make sure that our eggs in the winter months are enhanced with hay, leftover cooked meats, veggies, fruit, homemade yogurt...etc. Almost as yummy as they are in the summer. I think that the price that you charge should reflect all the work and caring that you give to your chickens.

Of course if you have a lot of competition that is just not going to work...you'll have to price accordingly.

Norma

Anyone taking less than $2.00 a dozen of his or her eggs should reconsider. I don't care where you live
old.gif
. Try it and see. Right now, I could sell a truckload every day if I had them.
wee.gif
The days of a $-dozen is over. Look at the price of feed, the price of eggs in the store and the availbity of fresh eggs. Raise those prices! $$$$$$$$$$. My girls work hard for their money, so hard for their money, they work hard for the their money and you better treat them right......well, you get it.
clap.gif

gmc

Quote:
I like your thinking!

For what it takes to keep a flock fat, happy, & laying eggs that make cheddar cheese seem pale and tasteless, we can't afford to match supermarket prices. We sell "gourmet" eggs.
wink.png

Of course if you have a lot of competition that is just not going to work...you'll have to price accordingly.

There's that, too. :|

It just occurred to me, too, that "home grown", farm fresh eggs are probably going to be close to the standard for a AA grading -- something you don't find in the grocery stores any more. I can remember when I would never buy anything less than Grade AA eggs.​

Last edited:
When I lived in Spokane WA I happily paid $4.00 a dozen for the most delicious eggs ever. They sold 18 medium or 2 dozen small for the same price. I considered it a bargain.

Their eggs were from 'yard range' hens, and the feed was uncertified organic.

Eggs in the store would have been between $1.50 and $2.00.

We also increased our egg consumption from 1 dozen store bought eggs a month to 1-2 dozen 'real' eggs a week. I also became almost completely vegetarian because I just didn't feel the need to eat meat anymore with all the high quality protien in my diet.

Their cartons were really nice and they weren't legally allowed to re-use them. If I brought my carton back I could put the eggs into it myself, but they weren't allowed to touch it.

Back
Top Bottom