Hog Slat - Feed-O-Matic Automatic Treadle Chicken Feeder

I had no idea there were so many problems with this feeder, wish I had read some reviews before buying one. My local feed store had them, paid $95, assumed paying a high price would mean quality.
My girls quickly learned how to use it, I thought it was going to solve the problem of rats running around in the coop. The feed seems to get stuck, which appears to be a common complaint, but then, flooding out in one go. I keep going in the coop to find feed on the treadle and in a pile underneath it. So much for not feeding the rats.
Should I cut my losses and buy a Grandpa feeder instead?

71nPePtj2PL._SY88.jpg

There are some nice things about this feeder design. Setting the feed back is a good idea, not as far back as they did though. And the adjustable weight settings appear to work. These are being dumped in the U.S., they have an all metal version of this exact same feeder for sale in Europe and they are clearing out the old inventory here in the U.S., last I checked you could buy them by the pallet for $40.00 per feeder so the re sellers are selling them.

Not sure I would risk my business reputation selling a plastic feeder like this but to each their own.
81nVbMq8YrL._SY88.jpg

I bought one of those and still have. BUT not my LUV girls and guy.Miss my new so much.
. most of the crew didn't use It well. It was kept it in one of their truck toppers. Still have it on a shelf in one of our storage sheds. Gonna try selling it soon along with another brand one saw advertised on this forum..One gal got her comb cut . we think it was from one of the treadle feeders or end of the T Post" plunger". Not sure. Or Silver got in a rail with Blakey... they had 1/2 acre to roam and more.
oh and I had to pay quite a bit for shipping. the company kept sending me catalogues too. I called over and over and even wrote them telling them I was a producer etc..

Back
Top Bottom