Holes In Bator Please Help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by circlecfarms, Mar 12, 2011.

1. circlecfarms

circlecfarms In the Brooder

Feb 24, 2011
    Columbia MO
    there are a few holes in the top of the bator.... do i need to plug them up or just let them stay open for incubation?

2. Chicken.Lytle

Chicken.Lytle Songster

Oct 19, 2010
    Montgomery County, TX
    I would assume that depends on the temperature and humidity.

Be sure to test the bator before putting good eggs in there.

3. midget_farms

midget_farms Songster

Apr 15, 2008
    Dunlap Illinois
    I don't know about comercial incubators as mine is home made - but - you probably want the holes open for incubation and some of them closed for lock down. Too much air flow will make it very hard to keep the humidity where it needs to be.

4. circlecfarms

circlecfarms In the Brooder

Feb 24, 2011
    Columbia MO
    ok i have a still air bator... what should the temp be on? i was told around 102 but what humidity? i have been told about 10 different ones and i m TOTOALLY confused! i am just starting and the first set of eggs i am gunna try are just outta my coop just a bunch of mixes so i am not worried about getting them all to hatch the first time i know they are fertile but i want at least a few to make it [​IMG] any tips of suggestions would be great! I dont think my temp thing is working right where should iget a new one? wal mart lowes home depot and sams are really the only thing that is close? Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: