Holiday Babies: Who's hatching? Updated With Many Pics!

Shayna

I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]
8 Years
Aug 2, 2011
Midwest
I have about 10 mixed color silkie eggs due to start hatching 12/23, and 16 more cuckoo silkie eggs to hatch 1/1/12, with a few eggs in between. I just candled them to verify they're developing along and the excitment is starting to get to me!!
jumpy.gif
Preparing for lockdown tomorrow.

Anyone else hatching themselves out little holiday presents??
wee.gif

Last edited:
Woohoo! I've got 6 serama eggs on day 19 (the only eggs out of 14 that developed, and all of them made it to lockdown!). One has already pipped and has been chirping here and there. The egg next to it has been rocking. This is my first hatch attempt and I was SO excited about that first pip at 9 last night, but nothing else has happened since then! I'm already sleep deprived from finals and last night's excitement didn't help, but I really don't care
big_smile.png

I have 15 going into lockdown on Wednesday, 6 polish, 3 EE, 6 cochin. And I have 15 of your beautiful paints going strong Shayna!! They are on day 12. I have never had 100% make it to day 12
wee.gif
I'm soooo excited!!

Yay!! I'm happy to talk to others that are here with me in hatching this time of year! It helps me keep my sanity during all the excitement!
smile.png

Feel free to keep updating here on how your hatch is going and share pics - I love to see them.
@madamwlf, sounds like your hatches will be very close to mine, I hope you get a great hatch!
@KLRA, I know exactly what you mean, I always lose more sleep when I'm hatching but it's worth it! Sometimes those babies are just slow hatching so try to sit still and see what happens.
jumpy.gif

@bikerchic, I am SO happy to hear all those eggs are still doing wonderful! That's such great news. Your mixed batch of 15 should be hatching out this weekend too then! Awesome!

Can't wait to hear how everyone's hatches go! Good luck!
wee.gif

Last edited:
Me! I've got 11 eggs in the incubator due to hatch the day after Christmas! THey are just farmyard mutts from my girls and are testing out the incubator for me, but so far I have 9 moving and 2 that are olive eggs and I can't see in.

Quote:
That's great! You're in luck, because I've never seen an ugly chick, even bardyard mutts. Sounds like they're coming along well!

Quote:
Very cool, your hatches are alligned about perfectly with mine!

The egg with the first pip is starting to zip--very slowly--and the other one that I saw had pipped internally the last time I candled at lockdown has finally externally pipped! I'm starting to hear more chirping. I hope those two can motivate each other to keep going
smile.png

@Shayna: I am determined not to intervene or open the incubator! I am an extremely sensitive person, so before I started this hatch I promised myself I would just let nature take its course. I've been trying not to get my hopes up too because many have said seramas are particularly difficult to hatch sometimes, but it's hard when you hear those babies chirping
love.gif

I've got about 30 eggs from my silkies, Millies and Salmon Faverolles....cant wait because these are all form my girls! No mail orders....go girlies! It;s gonna be an EGGciting New Years for sure!

Back
Top Bottom