holidays - anyone else working?

There are plenty of jobs where a 56 hour "shift" -- and sometimes more -- is normal. It's not all actual working time, it's just counted as such because you don't go home. Firefighters, some Doctors, Military Reservists, etc.

yes. i am.
th.gif
airport does not close, sort of wish it did.
th.gif

i will be only at work till 1039am so thats good.
thumbsup.gif

I don't have to work Thanksgiving, my normal day off, but I do work Christmas Eve, Christmas day, and the day after Christmas 7 am to 3 pm. My hubby will be working all of the holidays this year. 8-4 on Thanksgiving and 6:30-2:30 on Christmas. Someones gotta answer 911 and keep the crminals in jail!

I'm a retired RN and routinely volunteered to work these holidays before I had a child and then when he was older and didn't care. They are usually good days at work, and there was no reason for me to be at home when someone with young children was at work.

When I did the schedule, I worked it out so everyone had at least one of those 4 off, with preference for parents of young kids on Christmas day; often they would be scheduled 3-11 or that night to give them the morning off. Not that hard to do when you are working with three 8 hour shifts. I would take requests for specific times off for family visits, etc., and often could figure out a way to get everyone or nearly everyone what they wanted most.

We're actually off Thanksgiving but we'll be working nights Christmas Eve & Christmas Day. Second year in a row and next year will make it the 3rd but them we'll be off for the next 2 years!! Somebodies gotta do it and I'm just thankful to have a good job when they are so many out there don't!! I don't have little ones anymore my baby is 14.

Back
Top Bottom