Holy Geez! Ideal is sold out of brown egg layers until when???

Click on the "notify me when available" option and enter your contact info.  If you're not ordering large quantities, you'll likely hear from them soon with a request to call within a certain time period to place your order.  They will put lots of breeds on backorder like that but it doesn't mean they don't have any available, only that they don't have enough available to open the floodgates to online ordering.

x2. I got an order from them a couple weeks ago, every breed I ordered was listed as unavailable on their website. So I clicked the notify me button and put my info in. I had an email from them that same day saying they had the breeds I wanted and I could call and place my order anytime :)

I know! I was shopping Tuesday and everything I was looking at said available for the next several ship dates, all through Feb and part of March. Then yesterday, bam! Every breed is sold out until May?!!!!!!! EVERY BREED?!! Can't even order them for a future ship date. Geez, what happened to just updating availability?

I got my order in and they called me back about some of my order... and now my order will arrive late April. Mind you that works for me since I'm in cold country.... but still. If I need chicks before that I will go to the ag store in town and pick up chicks in a few weeks. Which may be a better option since you know the chicks you are buying are not stressed as bad as those coming thru the mail (in my own opinion). You can SEE what you are getting.

I got my order in and they called me back about some of my order... and now my order will arrive late April. Mind you that works for me since I'm in cold country.... but still. If I need chicks before that I will go to the ag store in town and pick up chicks in a few weeks. Which may be a better option since you know the chicks you are buying are not stressed as bad as those coming thru the mail (in my own opinion). You can SEE what you are getting.

Wow.. glad I got my order in early. I'm curious about something that you mentioned. Didn't the stores receive them through mail as well though? I'm not sure how much better it would really be. I'd be more concerned about how they were treated and handled at a store full of unknowlegable people. Yes, you can see what you are getting and that's a good thing. You have the option to be picky about the chick you choose!

Definitely click the "notify me" button - or call them. I was getting ready to order some Brahma hens and the darks were marked as sold out until May and my trainer's husband had his hart set on 2 darks to add to the group he's getting from my mixed hatch. I clicked on the "notify me" button in the morning at work and when I got home, Dad said that Ideal had called about the chicks. They had no problem adding 2 darks to my order of the lights & buffs.

Moyer's chicks in Quakertown pa still has brown egg layers available to ship on march 6. They are a cross between white rocks and a rhode island red rooster

I ordered my chicks from MPC in July to hatch and ship first week of August. They started laying end of January. If I decide to replenish my flock through hatcheries, I will do so after the summer craze again. However, considering the crippling cost of shipping small quantities of chicks, I may prefer to find a breeder or add my order to the local TSC/feed store when I'm ready.

Ack! You're post had me all nervous. But, I'm doing a special order through my feed store, so maybe they'll still have the ones I want? I'm ordering 3 Welsummers and 3 Buff Orphingtons.

Back
Top Bottom