home grown poultry feed

77ranger

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 25, 2009
hiram ga
has anyone heard of this brand went to feed store to pick up purina brand but the guy put this in my truck while i was looking at something else.

Never even heard of it.. If it was me I would probably take it back... My girls dont do well to quick feed changes.. Otherwise integrate it slowly ..You never know you might it like it better...

I have heard of this feed before as I have just begun feeding it to my flock since they have all finally reached 18 weeks. I have read a lot of negative things about Purina feeds and, as a first time flock mom, this makes me nervous that I am doing something wrong for them. This feed is about $16/50 Lbs. here and my chickens seem to like it a lot. I free range my birds during the day and they have grown so well. Prior to this feed, they got the Purina brand of start and grow that was medicated.
My birds are showing no ill affects from it but I will keep a close eye on them......
hmm.png

The store sold me Purina last time but my girls done seem to eat it. Instead they are eating the artichoke leaves and everything else in the yard.. I have increased their free range time to make up for not eating the pellets... I hope they gt enough nutrition in the yard.

Back
Top Bottom