Home raised eggs vs. Store eggs

wombat

Songster
10 Years
Jun 23, 2009
I just thought I'd toss this out there, to add to the never-ending debate:

http://money.cnn.com/2009/10/06/news/companies/riskiest_foods/index.htm?postversion=2009100611

The above is a piece that appeared on CNN today, indicating that eggs are one of the riskiest foods with regard to causing illnesses. Another reason to raise your own birds, produce your own eggs, and know what you're eating!

I'll admit that I love tuna, and we don't raise our own.
lol.png

Actually I'm just really glad I raise my own leafy greens! There is so reason they should be a problem as long as the pickers have proper sanitation. The fact that they apparently don't really grosses me out.

We bought a bag of the "pre-washed" lettuce and my family refuses to wash it before they eat it. I keep telling them, Did you see them wash it? Do you trust them to wash your lettuce? I know I certainly don't. So, when salads are made in the house I wash my lettuce and they eat theirs out of a bag...
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

I recall hearing that some of the really odd medical conditions that came out of the gulf wars were tracked back to poorly handled/stored lettuce. Scary stuff. We grow our own greens and vegetables, but I'm always really careful to wash the stuff we buy during the winter.

Back
Top Bottom