Homemade Chicken Feeder Pics wanted

thats great it was easy wasnt it. Easy or not I was so proud of myself making something from scratch and saving alot of money they are like 35-40 bucks here. enjoy your chickens IM finnally getting 5 eggs a day out of the eight hens so they are adjusting.

I don't know, cajunlizz, it works for me. Maybe one of the mods or techs can "fix" it for you.
smile.png

My husband made this for me. It holds a whole small bag of feed. They are 5-6 months now and can reach it just fine
wink.png

44107_chickens_004.jpg

44107_chickens_022.jpg

Last edited:
WOW! Thanks for this thread. I just found it. Been looking for sometime to get some ideas. I had a dream last night where I took a piece of 3" pvc, cut open the top and put caps on the end. Making the opening wide enough for the little mongrels to get their flinging beaks in there and not kick the food out all over for waste. I have cut PVC on a table saw and it can be dicey. Will look over pics, and submit some more when I attempt this feeder. Problem is, The pieces can be as expensive as buying a new feeder with a lip for "anti-flinging".

Last edited:
I don't have a picture of it but the first free one I made was this:
I used one of the rectangle cat litter containers that has a flip lid on it. Drilled some holes in the bottom edge of it and bolted it to a cat litter box so the box was bigger than the container. It worked great and was free. It's similar to the round bucket ones, but everything was free and on hand. I changed to one that's attached to the coop with the opening under so no water or snow gets in the food. Then I have another one inside that goes around the window. I'll try to take some pics tomorrow and post them. Both work well for me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom