1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Homemade Coop and Run by old lady with no carpentry skills

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by nursepinch, Sep 19, 2011.

1. nursepinch

nursepinch Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2011
    I finally finished the chicken tractor that has turned into a coop because it's too heavy for me to lift onto the wheels. Or maybe I didn't mount the wheels correctly. Maybe my engineer son-in-law will figure out something else for me. But here are some pics of my coop and flock and my very special brother.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=98148-new-coop-and-flock

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain!!

2. citychickx6

citychickx6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    NICE job. I like it and yes it looks heavy. HEY, if you can't lift it neither can a predator!

Cute chickens and sweet brother to paint and help. I bet he will enjoy watching them and giving them treats.

[​IMG]

OH and [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  3. hickchick55

hickchick55 Chillin' With My Peeps

You and Gary did a great job!

4. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Its a beautiful coop and run and I really like the all-white color scheme. Good for you and Gary. I think you DO have some carpentry skills.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  5. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    I love it, great story with it, I hope you get years of great eggs and company from the girls. It looks top notch to me, you and Gary did a great job, please let him know I think so![​IMG]. [​IMG]. [​IMG]. [​IMG]. [​IMG]. [​IMG].

6. BusyBlonde

BusyBlonde Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    I love your coop! It looks great. I know your chickens will be happy in it. [​IMG]

7. Jloeffler

Jloeffler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Northeast NC
    Very nice! So much for not having any carpentry skills, no one will believe that any more! [​IMG] awesome helper you have there!

8. real_redhead

real_redhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Roanoke, VA
    Great job. looks very nice!

9. Creed Bennett

Creed Bennett Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Western Kentucky
    Looks great! You two did a great job!!!

10. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Great job! I love the pics of Gary working hard. [​IMG] Tell Gary that I said he did a good job.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by