Homemade GUMP Bread - best I've found! **New pics added on pg. 5**

O.K. I have read most of the post here and looked at a lot of pictures. Stacey actually made our family a loaf of this bread for Christmas last year and I have been biting at the bit to make it.

I have been somewhat scared to mess it up but I jumped in feet first today and made it and here are the results......

I have 2 loaf pans that are adjustable so with my batch of dough I lengthened the pans to 14 1/2 inches to see what the outcome would be.

Dough just before baking.....

family2008001-1.jpg

Baked bread right out of the oven.....

family2008002.jpg

Side view so you can see the length of the loaf. I used the recipe measurements on post #1 for the 2 loaves.....

family2008003.jpg

It looked really yummy but there are a couple people in our church that have been feeling under the weather so I wrapped them up and had my hubby to deliver them. This isn't my first attempt at making bread, just my first attempt making "Gump Bread" lol

I have another loaf rising and I made the other half into cinnamon rolls. This will be for us.
smile.png
Thanks Stacey, you really got it going
smile.png

Well I tried to make bread today but it didnt work...
hit.gif
It did not rise
hu.gif
but its not real warm in the house today and cold outside, so maybe that had something to do with it? Maybe it will rise in the oven when baking and if not then we will have flat bread.

Acre of Blessings your bread looks Great!

Last edited:
Quote:
I picked up these pans at a local Goodwill in the housewares dept. a few years ago and I don't even think they are bread pans but I cleaned them really good and that is what I use them for.

Quote:
I picked up these pans at a local Goodwill in the housewares dept. a few years ago and I don't even think they are bread pans but I cleaned them really good and that is what I use them for.

Wonder what else they would be used for.... hmmmm.

Back
Top Bottom