Homemade hatcher (incubator)

Go on eBay and look at this link and pick a thermostat, the one I purchased is w1209 and the xhw3001 thermostats but there is way better ones on there and this was the one I bought because it was cheap for only 5 bucks and I wanted to test my equipment to see if it would even work and it did. The next one I’m getting is the stc-1000 which is a very good one. Next you will need a light bulb, a light bulb socket which can be purchased at any home improvement store for 2-4 dollars depending on the amount of wattage you want it to hold. But get a 80w limit to be safe since you will be using a light bulb. Get a 45w light bulb. No LED. Next go on eBay and purchase a cheap computer fan. You can get some for 3 dollars and free shipping. You will need a aluminum foil cooking tray, mesh place mats and a little tiny bowl you can put water in to keep humidity. The last thing you need is a styrofoam cooler. The thicker the better. Oh and I almost forgot, a picture frame to make a window. I’ll send you a link to the thermostats and I’ll show you pictures of each individual item. Make sure you buy the thermostat that says 120 volts not 12v. Make sure you also get extensions cord wires from the home improvement store. You will need two extension cords that are about 2 feet long. They are very very cheap. The rest is just putting to together. I can help you along the way as much as you would like me to.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nk...2334524.m4084.l1311&_odkw=thermostat&_sacat=0
Thank you so much for your help
Why does it need to be 120 volts?
Would a ptc heat element work? (I can’t get the link to work)
Or a ceramic heat lamp?

These guys hatched out from my 15 dollar homemade incubator, 4 out of 6 eggs made it. That’s from the top looking through the window. If I can help you with anything else please let me know. It’s very very easy and if you have any questions please feel free to get back to me.. the w1209 thermostat is a very good one and the xh isn’t that good so stick with w1209 or the stc1000. If you get confused or not sure about anything let me know and I’ll get you through it. When are you planning on starting
Don’t know when I will start depends on what I need to get to build it.

Or a ceramic heat lamp?
220V for you :)

I think he wanted to avoid 12V/24V (that should be doable, but then you would need a converter, i.e more hassle). 120V would be US. 220V (or 230V) for us europeans.

I haven't made my own incubator, but a ceramic heat lamp should do the trick as well I would assume. Sounds like less of a fire hazard as well.

220V for you :)

I think he wanted to avoid 12V/24V (that should be doable, but then you would need a converter, i.e more hassle). 120V would be US. 220V (or 230V) for us europeans.

I haven't made my own incubator, but a ceramic heat lamp should do the trick as well I would assume. Sounds like less of a fire hazard as well.
Thank you

Or a ceramic heat lamp?
Yeah a heat element would work, so will a ceramic heat lamp. Well in US we have 120v in our outlet in other countries it’s 220v. If you get the 12v-24v it’s a pain in the butt to set up. I bought that one and made some mistakes until I got it right. With the 120-220v ones you just connect the wires to your device and plug it in and that’s it. No need for anthing else. Unless you want to do the work, I would just get the 120-220v.

I meant I could not get my link to work your one worked fine.
Yeah a heat element would work, so will a ceramic heat lamp. Well in US we have 120v in our outlet in other countries it’s 220v. If you get the 12v-24v it’s a pain in the butt to set up. I bought that one and made some mistakes until I got it right. With the 120-220v ones you just connect the wires to your device and plug it in and that’s it. No need for anthing else. Unless you want to do the work, I would just get the 120-220v.
Thank you

I meant I could not get my link to work your one worked fine.

Thank you
That heating element might work! I haven’t upgraded mine yet to a heating element but it looks like it should work. I know that have heaters that have a built in fan as well which are pretty cool. Just make sure you read about the heating element your using and see if you can find some videos of the product to see how it works

Back
Top Bottom