Songster
12 Years
Sep 5, 2007
Toowoomba, QLD
Had to share this - lets hope it sees the chicks out safely
fl.gif

Outside showing the hydrometer
IMG_1444.jpg

inside looking down through viewing window showing eggs due tomorrow on left and next weeks on right

IMG_1443.jpg

H x

Since the humidity needs to be raised to 70% the last 3 days for the first batch, how do you keep it from being too humid for the second batch?
hu.gif

I think you can raise humidity to 70% and still have an sit for the next week you can just let the humidity drop to 45% for couple days and raise it again so it can dry off a bit.

Quote:
once the 1st batch have hatched i'll lower it again and then come sunday when i stop turning again i'll up it again
fl.gif

H x

Thanks for your compliments
big_smile.png

Out of curiosity, how did you get your temps to hold steady? I made one and gave it a test run, but one day it spiked at 108! Glad I didn't have real eggs in it!

I know some people wire up a thermostat, but I know next to nothing about where to find it, or how to wire that up. It is amazing that I found an old lamp with a broken cord and managed to get it spliced and back together w/o burning down my house
lol.png

-Meghan

I've got a plug in dimmer switch which i just adjust until the temp stays about level!

I got the plans for my bator on ebay, tells you how to wire up a themostat and everything (i couldn't find one that cheap so didnt bother!)

H x

Back
Top Bottom