Pics
he is a good helpful snake , and he save my life in a way , since i ran into a Mohave rattler one night in the dark and stopped just in time before i stepped on it, & it slipped away under the coop before i could kill it ,but i knew i had at least one az king snake around , since 17 years ago i had saved a baby az king snake from the wild cats , they had it and they were going to eat it , so i got it away from the cats & took it in the house & healed it up, after it was all better i let it go , and now 17 years later, i needed that king snake to come and get rid of the rattler living under my coop , i know this was that same snake i saved , and he was hunting that rattler in the same exact spot on the very next night. only he was up & hanging off the fence looking down for it to come out from under the coop , its so strange how that king snake knew just were to look for that rattler ...??? and he must have got it because i have not seen any rattlers since that night. but they say az king snakes can live for 25 years , so that must have been that same baby snake i saved..??:thumbsup

Last edited:
i live at the end of a double rain bow ...lol... this is a great easy way to make apple cake my Grandad who was a great baker made this apple cake up over 100 years ago..!! it a family favorite .
101_9913    MY GRANDADS APPLE CAKE.jpg
it makes a great holiday gift , & easy to make just make your favorite white or yellow cake mix recipe and place apple slices in it , its great alone or with ice cream, whipped cream, its a great desert or for breakfast, but at my house it never lasts till breakfast...lol... :gig:D
101_9873 we always  get a  double rainbow at our house.jpg

Last edited:
@Diannastarr
My mom did something similar to your pie. She made a regular rectangle sheet cake and placed apple slices in rows. Her favorite baking apples were Macintosh, since they were slightly more tart than other apples. On top she sprinkled generous amount of sugar and baked. She also made same cake using plum halves. Your pix brings pleasant memories back to me.:)
May I suggest you post your cake in Connies' SHOW OFF YOUR YUM thread.:thumbsup
SHOW OFF YOUR YUM! with Connie Jane & the Grouchy Chef.

@Diannastarr
My mom did something similar to your pie. She made a regular rectangle sheet cake and placed apple slices in rows. Her favorite baking apples were Macintosh, since they were slightly more tart than other apples. On top she sprinkled generous amount of sugar and baked. She also made same cake using plum halves. Your pix brings pleasant memories back to me.:)
May I suggest you post your cake in Connies' SHOW OFF YOUR YUM thread.:thumbsup
SHOW OFF YOUR YUM! with Connie Jane & the Grouchy Chef.
O yes such happy memories , connected with the family favorite apple cake ...lol.. i would love that the one made of plums...!!! i love plums more then apples...HA :lol::D my Grand dad passed on at age 100 in the early 1970s & made his the same way with all the sugar and cinimon on top, but i dont use sugar & just made that one with maple syrup & coconut sugar, it came out great...lol.. my parrot loves apple cake to:thumbsup:highfive::D HA happy new year hope you have a good one , i will try to post this apple cake pic in Connies' SHOW OFF YOUR YUM :highfive::thumbsup thread. if i can find my way there..? i get seriously lost on this new byc ;):D its not as easy as the old site . :hmm:confused::idunno:frow

Last edited:
I do not watch much TV except for weather updates and occasionally documentaries. I do enjoy PBS programs like Nature and Nova. The rest of my free time I spend with my pets. Work around the home improving/fixing things. I also enjoy re purposing things. I did many things such and here is one notable one.
View attachment 1047003
Transformed a Lil Tykes playhouse into a coop for my chickens. Plastic lasts a long time and my cost was basically my time only. Materials were leftover scrap type items. The playhouse was also a post played item that was destined for recycling.
I will post other things as I get the photos. Some things are just improvements to existing things.
This is something I DO ENJOY

Does this qualify for this thread?

I really like your coop! I'm thinking of doing something similar for when I get my chicks this spring. Where do your hens lay their eggs in this kind of coop setup?

Hi everybody :frow

Hope everyone is having a good year! My goals this year are to be more frugal and purge the junk. Getting a good start on both :yesss:

I made some homemade dishwasher tabs using the recipe linked below. I know I can beat my cost of 11 cents per use if I buy citric acid in bulk, but I wanted to try it first to see if it works. So far, so good. We previously used cascade platinum at 26 cents per use if we got a few extra packs in the bucket.
20180115_074640.jpg

I didn't have the ice trays but will get some eventually so mine are just squished together. Here's the link

https://www.mom4real.com/3-ingredient-homemade-dish-tablets/

Hi everybody :frow

Hope everyone is having a good year! My goals this year are to be more frugal and purge the junk. Getting a good start on both :yesss:

I made some homemade dishwasher tabs using the recipe linked below. I know I can beat my cost of 11 cents per use if I buy citric acid in bulk, but I wanted to try it first to see if it works. So far, so good. We previously used cascade platinum at 26 cents per use if we got a few extra packs in the bucket.
View attachment 1238921
I didn't have the ice trays but will get some eventually so mine are just squished together. Here's the link

https://www.mom4real.com/3-ingredient-homemade-dish-tablets/

Back
Top Bottom