Pics
Went looking for the citric acid to make the dish washing detergent. The product I found that was for canning had a lot of other ingredients in it, including sugar. Checked cleaning supplies and found Lemi Shine. 100% Citric acid and citrus oils. Fairly inexpensive, So... I've got everything needed to make the home made dish washer detergent.
Gosh, i wounder if the citrus oil in the Lemi Shine, 100% Citric acid and citrus oils. would leave a film on the dishes & especially on the glass wear..?

It's marketed as a booster for dish washer detergent, so, I'm guessing not! But, wise question!

Cave Man, we have very hard water, and my glass wear shows it. B/C of hard water, I pre rinse all of my dishes anyways. My biggest concern is that the materials won't dissolve. I'm doing a trial with 1/4C baking soda, and 1 TBSP Lemi Shine. I'll put some of that in my cup and a tiny squirt of Dawn, and see how that works.

First load of dishes done with the home made mix. Based on this first load, it is superior to Cascade liquid. Glasses look much better.
:goodpost::highfive::thumbsupWOW that is wonderful, i will be buying some Lemi Shine, i have very hard water also here in AZ, plus i have a horrible allergy to all the commercially made dish washer products the smell gives me an asthma attack , so this is a blessing for me that this DIY dish washing detergent is tested and it workes well..!! i have been looking for years for any kind of dish washer DIY dish washing detergent that really works , i usually just hand wash all and place into the dish washer to go through a good rinse , so wow this will be great to have clean dishes / glasses with out chapped hands for the first time in years..!!!!:woot:clap:):woot:ya:celebrate:yesss::highfive::thumbsup perfect...!!!:D:):thumbsup:highfive::yesss: THANK YOU for doing your testing & posting your results ..!!!!:woot:celebrate:highfive::yesss::thumbsup

First load of dishes done with the home made mix. Based on this first load, it is superior to Cascade liquid. Glasses look much better.

So just to be sure - going from your earlier post - this is what you used?
" I'm doing a trial with 1/4C baking soda, and 1 TBSP Lemi Shine. I'll put some of that in my cup and a tiny squirt of Dawn, and see how that works."

Thanks for the recipe. I tried to see how many tabs that recipe made, and as far as I can see, it makes 25 tabs. So, 25 loads. Am I counting right? I'm definitely going to try this recipe. Dish washing soap (I use the liquid) is my major home cleaning cost, and I would really like to elminiate that by doing home made. Thanks!
YVW. Have you tried it? What do you think?
I wasn't happy with it for a heavy load but I also purchased lemishine to try in my next batch, used the canning stuff my first batch.

Back
Top Bottom