We have similar views. Here is a picture I just could not pass up taking. No, I did not just take it now. That flag (changed and retired yearly) has been there since 9-11-2001. Before that time, I only displayed flags on Holidays.
View attachment 1062460
I like this very much!

Now every 9-11 anniversary I do a White Dove Release.
View attachment 1062468
I fly Flag at Half Mast. It is a US Flag 50 Star Size 5 5'x9.5' Valley Forge Cotton Bunting. I only fly this one on that day.

@Farmer Connie
Just for information. The pole for the huge Flag to fly at half mast is over 20 feet tall. I made it out of large aluminum tent poles connected together. On top I purchased a small pulley and mounted it. Into the ground I pound a thick walled water pipe. I retire the flag at sundown, but don't get to remove the pole for a day or two.

Here is my home made flagpole as viewed from the street.
Photo0450.jpg

IMG_20170709_200254634.jpg
IMG_20170709_200335944.jpg

The bag is about 4 feet x 5 feet. I made it from a cheap plastic tarp. 8 x 10 folded in half and sown on the 2 remaining sides. Household light duty sewing machine. Made the stitches as long as I could so bag would not rip easily from the needle perforation. Then I inverted bag inside out so it would look nice. Used these bags as a" DRY BAG". inside our canoes on a multi day journey. Kept our clothes and food protected from rain. Cost under$10.

Made this device to move my trailers around. It is electric motor powered. Yes, I do need to use a long extension cord but I am not moving my trailers any long distances. Made from a back half of a riding mower. The front wheels are just improvised wheel barrow type. The motor is from a coal conveyor from times gone by. It turns gears slowly. I know most peeps can just push their trailers by hand, and if larger, they can utilize people power of whatever (men, women, and children) they can find. I am a one person operation, so this makes the move EASY.
IMG_20170709_195742740.jpg
IMG_20170709_195759787.jpg
IMG_20170709_195826871.jpg

I asked my husband to clean the water bottles in our chick brooders the other day. 15 minutes later I see him playing with his computer again! I said did you clean those bottles or what? He said of course! Wait for the video if you think I'm lying.. Good grief charlie brown. He owes me 1 brush by the way!
:pop

:lau Honestly I think making the dang thing, finding the drill and a cord, getting it all out there would take more time and effort than just washing them normally? Then there's the whole avoiding electrocution from soapy water + slippery ground + electric device + lazy moron thing. :confused: Or is it just me?

ETA: I meant "lazy man". Really.

:lau Honestly I think making the dang thing, finding the drill and a cord, getting it all out there would take more time and effort than just washing them normally? Then there's the whole avoiding electrocution from soapy water + slippery ground + electric device + lazy moron thing. :confused: Or is it just me?

ETA: I meant "lazy man". Really.
Between you and me.. He looks for reasons to play with his movies:lau
Although he has cordless drills everywhere. Foyer, hallway, laundry room, garage.. He tinkers with everything! Kinda like Red Green if you know what I mean! Haha
I tried it this morning. It cleans the thread part of the bottle pretty good. Hub is a weirdo, but a fun weirdo!
:wee

Back
Top Bottom