Homemade water heater

Okay, I'll look into that. Today we cleaned their coop and added some dry hay, and they seemed fine. I dont know if I'm suddenly overthinking this since they have been fine with a water in their coop all last winter, and the fact that we seem more prepared this winter for our chickens, but I did feel a bit of "wetness" inside the coop. I feel like I've felt it before and It doesn't seem to out of place but that could be what your trying to say could happen. It feels the same outside. Then again I could be overthinking it and they'll be fine sitting on their feet, but I'm not sure
If they were fine last year and temperatures/weather patterns aren't very different this year, my guess is they'll be fine as-is, but for peace of mind, getting humidity readings is the only way to know.

It's been really warm recently and then it suddenly dropped to below freezing. Two of my chickens crowns have white tips. Is this frostbite? It seemed to have happened quickly and that's the only part I see that looks strange. Some of the chickens crowns have dark spotting on the back, but thats probably from the rooster because it was there during summertime

Back
Top Bottom