Homestead Pizza Pie

STOP RIGHT THERE !!!!!!!!!!!

You cannot show a picture of a can of home made pizza sauce and then not give us the recipe.
big_smile.png

I'll be watching for the recipe too! Hoping it isn't an ancient family secret!! It looks so yummy in that canning jar!
Brenda

Well, I finally got homemade pizza done today. Thanks Frugal for the inspiration! Haven't made pizza in quite awhile. (We've been watching our calorie intake.)

Here's our homemade pizza sauce if anyone wants to try it....

I prefer to can tomatoes alone and make sauce later from the following recipe. You can get a printed copy of the recipe here.

Pizza Sauce

1 (14 1/2 to 16 oz) can tomatoes, whole or diced
(I use a home canned pint jar of whole tomatoes)
1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp onion powder
1 Tbsp sugar

Place all ingredients in a blender
03212009pizza_002.jpg

and blend until it reaches desired consistency.
03212009pizza_004.jpg

Heat sauce and cook 15 minutes to blend flavors.

Close-up of finished sauce:

recipe_pizzasauce.jpg

Note to self: Will not be allowed to read Frugal's posts in the future if I continue to overeat.
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
That looks wonderful Kim, I'll be giving your recipe a try. It sure is hard to use store bought maters once you've tasted your own!!

Thanks.

Thanks Frugal and Clay! Hope you enjoy the sauce. Frugal, that's so true. It really is hard to eat store bought tomatoes once you've had your own fresh ...& canned.

Hahaha ....have to laugh when tomato displays in the grocery store are labeled "hothouse tomatoes". Synonymous with tasteless, tough skin, and no juicy goodness!

Clay, I only post recipes on our site which we've actually tried and give a thunmbs up. Hope you find some others that you like. We grow & sell produce & meats locally. Often customers ask for cooking or recipe ideas. We try to keep adding new ones.

Got to say the pizza looks amazing, but what stood out the most to me is the Glock apron I also am a Glock fan own a few!! Good thread and very descriptive..
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom